• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PowerColor 6970 pictured and benched

Caporegime
Very disappointed if real. My gtx470 scores higher in 3dmark11. No way will ATI sell any of them at almost £400 when less then half of that gets you better performance.

That's worse than a 5870 score :confused:

Soldato
Very disappointed if real. My gtx470 scores higher in 3dmark11. No way will ATI sell any of them at almost £400 when less then half of that gets you better performance.

That's worse than a 5870 score :confused:

Theres no way its real - have you not seen the number of ;) 's the resident ATi fanboys have been using recently when talking about the performance of these cards? It HAS to be fake where this nauseating level of smugness is flaunted...

Soldato
mh weird well if they sell them for 250 £ , still feels like something wrong there.

edit: probably gimped slow card they leaking it on purpose

Last edited:
Soldato
lol love this "slow version"
can see it being an excuse for years to come.

"that new card aint £$%^ - its the slow version you nub"

Soldato
Am I the only one who doesn't get the 'slow version' versions? It makes no sense to make people think your card will be worse than it is? If it wasn't for wanting the ability to have more than 2 screens on one card I'd have bought a Nvidia card long ago. As it stands they have to convince me to spend more on a 6970 over a 6870...

Man of Honour
3D Mark 11 scores mean very little right now, it seems neither nVidia or AMD drivers are opptimised for it or even properly supporting it :confused:

Soldato
Am I the only one who doesn't get the 'slow version' versions? It makes no sense to make people think your card will be worse than it is? If it wasn't for wanting the ability to have more than 2 screens on one card I'd have bought a Nvidia card long ago. As it stands they have to convince me to spend more on a 6970 over a 6870...

it like psychas said

they leaking slow version cards to take the heat away from real cards, then they surprise us with there performance, it seems like it.

or

they have sent genuine ones to reputable retailers who they know will not leak,

Back
Top Bottom