Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Life > General Discussion

Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:14   #1
Valentino
PermaBanned

How do I get money out of my Santander ISA?

I want to get the money out of my santander isa and into my halifax current account. On santander banking i've clicked on all the tabs relating to paying someone, or moving the money etc but it just comes back with this

Quote:
Error code: EBAN_0004

There are no valid accounts (Linked to your card) available for this transaction.
What does this mean? How do I get my money?
Valentino is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:16   #2
markk
Wise Guy

Phone Santander?
markk is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:17   #3
loltim
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk View Post
Phone Santander?
Isn't that too easy?
loltim is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:18   #4
beachBOYken
Soldato

im not 100% sure how these work as some have different terms but as long as it not a fixed isa you should be able to move it.

best thing to do is ring santander , they will give you the best advice!

PSN: beachboyken
beachBOYken is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:20   #5
Valentino
PermaBanned

FFS, i have online banking so i don't have to waste my phone bill sitting on hold for 5 minutes listening to crap music, how backwards are santander that they won't let me withdraw my funds using online banking.
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:23   #6
beachBOYken
Soldato

dont you need to fill out a isa transfer form of some sort ?

Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:24   #7
arknor
Caporegime

hello i am the owner of satander ferando alonso and i would love to help you out with this request could you please contact me via trust with these details bank account , sort code , iban number , mothers maiden name , your password and a scan of your passport or drivers license..

i will then clear all funds from your bank account as there does infact seem to be a bloackage maybe you deposited to much in one go and blocked the pipe! once the pipeline is clear i will givde you the go ahead to transfer the funds

arknor is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:27   #8
dl8860
Wise Guy

nigeria troll surprisingly not getting old...

Athlon II 640 | 6950
Asus TF300T | Nexus 6P
dl8860 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:31   #9
beachBOYken
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
FFS, i have online banking so i don't have to waste my phone bill sitting on hold for 5 minutes listening to crap music, how backwards are santander that they won't let me withdraw my funds using online banking.
if its not letting you transfer the money then its proberly because you cant online.

you really should phone them or even better walk round to your local santander?

you have to remember ISA has lots of terms and is not just any old account!

Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:34   #10
bsoltan
Mobster

If it is anything like the Halifax ISA I can't transfer money out of it without putting it into a Halifax Current Account.

I'm sure that in order to have the Santander ISA you're expected to have a current account with them as well, so if you did I would expect that option to be available.
bsoltan is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:37   #11
Zid_
Hitman

Mr. Santander here:

phone us you doughnut.
Zid_ is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 12:41   #12
Wicksta
PermaBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl8860 View Post
nigeria troll surprisingly not getting old...
I am arknor's boss at Satander and I'll be giving him a written warning.
Wicksta is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 13:10   #13
me227
Soldato

Santanderp.

me227 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 13:57   #14
Aloreth
Wise Guy

I think you will find that many companies will require an instruction in writing (my ISA provider requires this) simply because it is quite a big move! If they move the money and you later come back saying that you didnt understand the implications of moving the money out of a tax wrapper and more importantly that you were not aware that you cant move it back in (depending on ISA limits) then you would potentially be financial disadvantaged and can complain :/
Aloreth is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 15:54   #15
Valentino
PermaBanned

I just phoned up, had a ton of security questions, they even wanted my national insurance number and then at the end they said they couldn't transfer out my ISA because it is too much money to transfer out in one go, so i have to go to my local branch with passport and all sorts of other documents I asked how much i could transfer out on my first go and she then went on to say that information is not released for security reasons.

It's unbelievable tbh. I might open up a santander current account online just so i can transfer the money into that and then transfer the money from the current account to where i actually want it. This is a huge amount of hassle for me because the nearest Santander is a 20 minute car journey. It's also wrong imo seen as i applied for the ISA online and have never stepped foot in a Santander ever. They are more than happy to take my money but they don't want me to take it back do they

I had a Barclays ISA before this and as much as i dislike Barclays at least I was able to fully manage my finances online with them.

It's not even real money, the banks aren't going to have to exchange gold reserves over my measly amount of cash. It's just numbers on a hard drive. I haven't even had a paper statement lmao.
Last edited by Valentino; 11th Apr 2011 at 15:56.
Old 11th Apr 2011, 15:59   #16
Deific
Mobster

/Offtopic

Glanced at threat title and read it as, "how do I get a monkey out of my Santander ISA?"

/continue topic

PII x4 965\ Xfire 5850 PCS+\ 8GB RipjawsX DDR3\ M4A79XTD Evo
F3 500GB\ Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2\ Truepower 750W\ Lancool PC-K62
Deific is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 16:00   #17
NathP
Gangster

Quote:
I just phoned up, had a ton of security questions, they even wanted my national insurance number and then at the end they said they couldn't transfer out my ISA because it is too much money to transfer out in one go, so i have to go to my local branch with passport and all sorts of other documents I asked how much i could transfer out on my first go and she then went on to say that information is not released for security reasons.

It's unbelievable tbh. I might open up a santander current account online just so i can transfer the money into that and then transfer the money from the current account to where i actually want it. This is a huge amount of hassle for me because the nearest Santander is a 20 minute car journey. It's also wrong imo seen as i applied for the ISA online and have never stepped foot in a Santander ever. They are more than happy to take my money but they don't want me to take it back do they

I had a Barclays ISA before this and as much as i dislike Barclays at least I was able to fully manage my finances online with them.

It's not even real money, the banks aren't going to have to exchange gold reserves over my measly amount of cash. It's just numbers on a hard drive. I haven't even had a paper statement lmao.
I had this problem with my Santander ISA! Theres no way to transfer out of a ISA to a external bank. The only way is to transfer from the ISA to another Santander account within the same eBanking account then transfer to the external bank from that. I'm in the process of moving my ISA's elsewhere cause I'm fed up with it
NathP is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 16:23   #18
4Play
Hitman

Quote:

First question is when did you last pay into the ISA? The start of the new tax year was april 6/7th. Need to know this to know what terms and conditions they had when you took it out.

Is it instant access ? Are you bound in for 2 years ( which santander do a lot btw). Easiest way to sort this is to go to a branch.

Source I work in a compeitors bank :P

4Play is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 16:44   #19
Salsa
Wise Guy

Edit NVM JUst realised you want to transfer to a current account. With Santander that is a PITA!!

Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.8Ghz, Titan Fenrir
Gigabyte P55-UD2, 4Gb OCZ Platinum 1600
HIS ATi 6970 @ 950/1450, 620 Watt Corsair HX, Fractal Design R2
Salsa is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 16:45   #20
Salsa
Wise Guy

Double post sorry!

Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.8Ghz, Titan Fenrir
Gigabyte P55-UD2, 4Gb OCZ Platinum 1600
HIS ATi 6970 @ 950/1450, 620 Watt Corsair HX, Fractal Design R2
Salsa is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 16:48   #21
vanandjuanunited
Soldato

Moral of the story is to ask these questions before you open an account.
vanandjuanunited is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 17:05   #22
arknor
Caporegime

no wonder santander have a bad rep... my son has an account with them and they were useless one time when he was mugged.

they send a card out, the pin didnt work.... they sent a new card and pin ... guess what it didnt work... he went down with his passport and just closed the account they are useless

arknor is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 18:19   #23
Mercenary Keyboard Warrior
Mobster

Im in the process of transferring my ISA from Santander as well. I was happy with A&L but santander seem to take the ****.

They give 3% interest on a instant access deposit account, 2.5% on an ISA with over 14k in it! Tax isnt as issue as they are still paying 3% vs 2.5%, just taking the **** as they know its harder to switch ISAs.

Halifax are getting my ISA and if Santander arent careful Halifax will be getting my current account as well.

I couldnt find teh transfer details I needed for Santander so in the end I put customer services address on the transfer. Make it harder to transfer it out by not giving you an address to send the transfer form to. Spanish bankers
Mercenary Keyboard Warrior is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2011, 10:28   #24
Valentino
PermaBanned

Two days for the current account to come through and I've transferred the money to Halifax, that was quicker and easier than visiting the branch, but why oh why don't Santander just let me transfer the money straight from my ISA, this must cost them money, sending me this welcome pack considering the account will probably never have more than 10 in it ever again now.
Old 13th Apr 2011, 10:42   #25
Halfmad
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by arknor View Post
no wonder santander have a bad rep... my son has an account with them and they were useless one time when he was mugged.

they send a card out, the pin didnt work.... they sent a new card and pin ... guess what it didnt work... he went down with his passport and just closed the account they are useless
Where as I've been using them for 5 years without any problems at all, unlike RBS who I had 4 cards from and 9 PINS before any of them worked
Halfmad is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2011, 10:54   #26
gort
Wise Guy

For the last couple of years with A&L / Santander:

1) Open ISA and savings accounts with 12 months 2.5% bonus.
2) 12 months elapse and savings reduce to a rubbish 0.1 or 0.5%
3) Close accounts
4) Open "new issue" accounts with 12 month bonus of 2.5%
Rinse and repeat.

A right PITA if you don't want to lock your money. I know they rely on people to forget about swapping but this take the pi$$.

Just like with the Santander bank account where you get a good interest rate for 12 months then it drops do virtually nothing!

I changed to Halifax current account to get their 5 per month reward.
gort is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2012, 21:01   #27
feedtheram
Wise Guy

Thread revival!

Just came up against this problem! I assume for a smaller amount (4k) i will be able to go into the branch and get the transfer done? Moving from Santander Cash ISA to Natwest current account.

What a joke that you can't do it online.
feedtheram is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2012, 10:14   #28
feedtheram
Wise Guy

For anyone who trips over this thread as i did...

I called Santander and they confirmed you cannot transfer out of a cash ISA to an external bank. You have to either transfer it to a Santander account and then move it OR go to a branch and withdraw the money.

I looked at setting up a current account but it was way too complicated and was going to take too long. What you can do is open an e-saver (log into your ISA online first) and then transfer the money to that. The process to setup the e-saver is quick and easy as they have all your details already. From the e-saver you can transfer it to an external account.

Totally retarded but gets the job done quickly.
feedtheram is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote