Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Hardware > Graphics Cards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:02   #1
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Arrow ** VTX3D R9 290 PRE-FLASHED TO R9 290X & VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!! **

Hi there


Once again Overclockers UK leads the market by offering its customers the first Pre-flashed R9 290 for your convenience to R9 290X with voltage control, give you extra performance out of the box and improved overclocking ability*

We have sourced a batch of VTX3D R9 290's which unlock, at Overclockers we pre-flash these cards with a voltage unlocked R9 290X BIOS giving you the additional stream processors (2560 upto 2816) and voltage control upto 1.412mv for improved overclocking*

This is all done for you and fully guaranteed with a full 2yr warranty.


Here is a Heaven 3.0 benchmark to prove the cores are indeed unlocking:-


R9 290 @ 1000MHz Core / 5000MHz Memory





R9 290 pre-flashed to R9 290X @ 1000MHz Core / 5000MHz Memory







As you can see a clear improvement, depending on what game or benchmark you are running, you will see a 3-6% gain giving you full blown R9 290X performance levels.




You can buy the card here pre-flashed by our technicians and ready to go:-




VTX3D Radeon R9 290 Pre-Flashed to 290X, X-Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £359.99 inc VAT



Pre-flashed by Overclockers UK Technicians using an voltage unlocked R290X BIOS unlocking the additional stream processors, giving a total of 2816 stream processors. Also voltage unlocked as well and with a full guarantee and warranty.

AMD Radeon R9 290 is a new graphics card powered by the latest AMD Radeon™ R9 290 graphics-processing unit (GPU). 4GB of super-fast GDDR5 memory for the best gaming experience at the highest resolutions including 4k and incorporates AMD Eyefinity and TrueAudio technologies to enable expansive multi-display setups and more accurate environmental sounds. R9 290 also includes support for both DirectX® 11.2 and AMD's new Mantle application programming interface (API) for great handling of even the most-demanding PC games.


Specification:-
- Radeon R9 290 Pre-Flashed to R290X
- GPU: Hawaii Pro flashed to XT
- Stream Processors: 2816
- Core Speed: 1000MHz
- Memory Speed: 5000Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- Cooling: 2-Slot Blower Fan
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 750W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warranty: 2yy


Features:-
- Flashed to R290X
- Unlocked Voltage
- DirectX 11.2 Support
- Open GL 4.2 Support
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio support
- Crossfire Support upto 4-way: Native software crossfire (No bridge required)
- Gaming @ 4k Resolutions (UltraHD)
- Synergy with next-gen game consoles (Mantle)
- Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture - optimized from previous generation products


Only £359.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:04   #2
RavenXXX2
Capodecina
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North West
Posts: 14,674
Now you tell me where else you would get this kind of service? Bravo OCUK.
RavenXXX2 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:05   #3
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenXXX2 View Post
Now you tell me where else you would get this kind of service? Bravo OCUK.
Nowhere is what.

Though someone will no doubt try to copy us now, they always do.

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:07   #4
Marine-RX179
Capodecina
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,270
Would the warranty be covering the removal of the stock cooler as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Nowhere is what.

Though someone will no doubt try to copy us now, they always do.
That's the difference between "leader" and "followers"

i5 2500K@4.80GHz, Asus P8Z68-V GEN3, R9 290x, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600MHz 8GB, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 2 512GB, Asus Essence STX, Samsung SA700 3D 120Hz, CoolerMaster 690III , Corsair TX650W
Marine-RX179 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:07   #5
pgi947
Capodecina
 
pgi947's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 15,883
What an awesome move on ocuk's part

Suspect these won't be in stock for long.

No Advertising?
pgi947 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:08   #6
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179 View Post
Would the warranty be covering the removal of the stock cooler as well?
Hi there

There is no issues with cooler removal as they have no warranty stickers over the screws, as always be careful, if you slip with the screwdriver causing physical damage, then of course there is no warranty.

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:09   #7
GoogalyMoogaly
Soldato
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 5,867
So just to be clear, what does this mean exactly?
Does the switch now change between Uber and Silent profiles like on the 290X cards or is it still whatever it was on the 290?

Edit by Gibbo: Hinting at prices elsewhere will only get your suspended - THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!
GoogalyMoogaly is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:09   #8
Marine-RX179
Capodecina
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,270
Ah just noticed no BF4 and silver ticket...so the price premium is more than I initially thought...

i5 2500K@4.80GHz, Asus P8Z68-V GEN3, R9 290x, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600MHz 8GB, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 2 512GB, Asus Essence STX, Samsung SA700 3D 120Hz, CoolerMaster 690III , Corsair TX650W
Marine-RX179 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:10   #9
AMDMatt
AMD Rep
 
AMDMatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Norwich, UK.
Posts: 29,221
I have to say Gibbo/OcuK, bloody good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogalyMoogaly View Post
Edit by Gibbo: Hinting at prices elsewhere will only get your suspended - THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!
Say what now? Probably won't be long before you get up getting close to 2x290's for the same price as a premium brand regular 780

AMDMatt is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:10   #10
Puppetmaster
Soldato
 
Puppetmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Near Brighton
Posts: 5,885
Impressive. Any idea if any other brands of cards are the same or is this likely a one off?

i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz | Asus Rampage V | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
2x HIS 290 @ 290x | Asus Xonar DX | AX1200i | Corsair 900D
Samsung 830 256GB | Crucial MX100 512GB | Custom Water
Puppetmaster is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:13   #11
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogalyMoogaly View Post
So just to be clear, what does this mean exactly?
Does the switch now change between Uber and Silent profiles like on the 290X cards or is it still whatever it was on the 290?

Edit by Gibbo: Hinting at prices elsewhere will only get your suspended - THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!
First of all, stop breaking forum rules, hinting about prices elsewhere is against the rules here, any repeats of this and suspensions will be handed out.

In response to your question, default setting is R290X Unlocked voltage BIOS. Other setting is regular 290 Uber BIOS.

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:15   #12
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
Impressive. Any idea if any other brands of cards are the same or is this likely a one off?

We feel its probably a one off, we snagged a batch from the original shipments and they all do it, we've not found any more yet. We won't do this with XFX or Powercolor due to RMA reasons, so we shall see if we can find more VTX3D ones.

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:17   #13
northwestdakota
Gangster
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 341
Great stuff, now if you guys could attach a decent cooler for us as well...
northwestdakota is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:17   #14
Marine-RX179
Capodecina
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
We feel its probably a one off, we snagged a batch from the original shipments and they all do it, we've not found any more yet. We won't do this with XFX or Powercolor due to RMA reasons, so we shall see if we can find more VTX3D ones.
I thought VTX and Powercolor were basically same/sister companies...or have I got that wrong?

i5 2500K@4.80GHz, Asus P8Z68-V GEN3, R9 290x, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600MHz 8GB, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 2 512GB, Asus Essence STX, Samsung SA700 3D 120Hz, CoolerMaster 690III , Corsair TX650W
Marine-RX179 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:19   #15
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179 View Post
I thought VTX and Powercolor were basically same/sister companies...or have I got that wrong?
Both part of the TUL group, but two separate operations, just like Gainward, Palit, Galaxy and KFA2 are all part of the Palit group but all separate operations.

Powercolor - Far East for their markets.
VTX3D - For UK/European market with better RMA support.

Just like:-
Galaxy - Far East for their markets.
KFA2 - For UK/European market with superb RMA support.


So though the parent company might be the same, they are run separately.

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:20   #16
Marine-RX179
Capodecina
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestdakota View Post
Great stuff, now if you guys could attach a decent cooler for us as well...
If OcUK was to do that (with the MK26), we'd be looking at roughly a £100-£120 price premium...basing on what we seen on the pricing for the 290x with that cooler pre-installed.

i5 2500K@4.80GHz, Asus P8Z68-V GEN3, R9 290x, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600MHz 8GB, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 2 512GB, Asus Essence STX, Samsung SA700 3D 120Hz, CoolerMaster 690III , Corsair TX650W
Marine-RX179 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:21   #17
teppic
Mobster
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Warks
Posts: 4,891
Is it OCUK or VTX3D who cover the warranty on these flashed ones?

i7 4770K | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Patriot Viper 16gb | Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Asus GTX 780 OC | Seasonic X760 | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
teppic is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:21   #18
Marine-RX179
Capodecina
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Both part of the TUL group, but two separate operations, just like Gainward, Palit, Galaxy and KFA2 are all part of the Palit group but all separate operations.

Powercolor - Far East for their markets.
VTX3D - For UK/European market with better RMA support.

Just like:-
Galaxy - Far East for their markets.
KFA2 - For UK/European market with superb RMA support.


So though the parent company might be the same, they are run separately.
Thanks for clearing that up Gibbo.

i5 2500K@4.80GHz, Asus P8Z68-V GEN3, R9 290x, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600MHz 8GB, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 2 512GB, Asus Essence STX, Samsung SA700 3D 120Hz, CoolerMaster 690III , Corsair TX650W
Marine-RX179 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:22   #19
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by teppic View Post
Is it OCUK or VTX3D who cover the warranty on these flashed ones?
OcUK.

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:22   #20
northwestdakota
Gangster
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 341
C'mon Gibbo, throw me a bone. Any plans at all for OCUK to put coolers on the 290's themselves? It seems obvious it would make good money, so I suspect there are other reasons why you guys have not yet gone for it?
northwestdakota is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:22   #21
tommybhoy
Capodecina
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Under The Stairs!
Posts: 10,526


I bought the powercolor this afternoon from elsewhere, sods law as I would have got one from here instead, can't beat the service@oCuk tbph.


-tommybhoy-
tommybhoy is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:24   #22
Orangey
Sgarrista
 
Orangey's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,217
So X-Edition = unlockable wink wink nudge nudge?

I had thought that earlier when I saw the name.

Please read the FAQ regarding signature sizes
Orangey is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:24   #23
Marine-RX179
Capodecina
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybhoy View Post


I bought the powercolor this afternoon from elsewhere, sods law as I would have got one from here instead, can't beat the service@oCuk tbph.


Thought you'd know better than to buy Powercolor...

i5 2500K@4.80GHz, Asus P8Z68-V GEN3, R9 290x, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600MHz 8GB, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 2 512GB, Asus Essence STX, Samsung SA700 3D 120Hz, CoolerMaster 690III , Corsair TX650W
Marine-RX179 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:24   #24
northwestdakota
Gangster
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179 View Post
If OcUK was to do that (with the MK26), we'd be looking at roughly a £100-£120 price premium...basing on what we seen on the pricing for the 290x with that cooler pre-installed.
I'd be happy to pay the extra. People like me are getting so bored we are considering a Nvidia 780, they are already a good £50 more expensive. So, £399 or even £419 seems good value for me, a nice cooler and a 290 that's really a 290x and I get to keep my warranty. Happy days, ill buy one now.
northwestdakota is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:26   #25
Marine-RX179
Capodecina
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestdakota View Post
I'd be happy to pay the extra. People like me are getting so bored we are considering a Nvidia 780, they are already a good £50 more expensive. So, £399 or even £419 seems good value for me, a nice cooler and a 290 that's really a 290x and I get to keep my warranty. Happy days, ill buy one now.
You are getting your maths wrong

This card is already £360, adding £100-£120 to that would be £460-£480

i5 2500K@4.80GHz, Asus P8Z68-V GEN3, R9 290x, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600MHz 8GB, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 2 512GB, Asus Essence STX, Samsung SA700 3D 120Hz, CoolerMaster 690III , Corsair TX650W
Marine-RX179 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:27   #26
Gibbo
Commissario
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: OcUK HQ
Posts: 23,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestdakota View Post
C'mon Gibbo, throw me a bone. Any plans at all for OCUK to put coolers on the 290's themselves? It seems obvious it would make good money, so I suspect there are other reasons why you guys have not yet gone for it?
We shall look into it more, the problem at the moment is it is very time consuming and our builds area is operating at 150% capacity with it being peak season due to system and laptop sales absolutely exploding.

Plus we have to charge huge premiums for pre-fitting MK26 or a waterblock.

We shall look into it, but really no promises I am afraid.

Gibbo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:28   #27
teppic
Mobster
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Warks
Posts: 4,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179 View Post
You are getting your maths wrong

This card is already £360, adding £100-£120 to that would be £460-£480
The Prolimatech cooler is only £50ish though.

i7 4770K | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Patriot Viper 16gb | Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Asus GTX 780 OC | Seasonic X760 | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
teppic is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:28   #28
northwestdakota
Gangster
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 341
Thanks for the reply Gibbo, really very much appreciated. I know we all keep you busy here.
northwestdakota is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:30   #29
Uncle Petey
Capodecina
 
Uncle Petey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: London
Posts: 12,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Stock a card on an internet rumour, nope.
I know, I know. Couldn't resist

Uncle Petey is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2013, 19:31   #30
northwestdakota
Gangster
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179 View Post
You are getting your maths wrong

This card is already £360, adding £100-£120 to that would be £460-£480
Sorry, you're right. I had the price of the cheapest 290's in my head, which I admit would still be more like £450. I think I'd go to for £450, though it would be my limit. Any more and I'd be divorced the next day.
northwestdakota is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:52.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Overclockers UK (Ocuk Ltd)