• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** VTX3D R9 290 PRE-FLASHED TO R9 290X & VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!! **

Soldato
It's a 42" Panasonic - it displays the bios fine when booting from my GTX660. I'm going to update the motherboard bios tonight as I realised it's on an old version.

I have a Panasonic 42" plasma screen as well and i can say i had a problem where when i booted the machine and went into the bios i could only see half the screen, i havent read all through this post but the but i have i presume your symptoms are similar?
This happened with -

Amd 5850
Amd 7970
Amd 5800k with Radeon HD 7660D gpu

I read somewhere its to do with the 1:1 ratio not being a true input or something with the panasonic.

Hope this helps, my current vtx 290 flashe to 290x isnt connected to my tv so cant say if it would be the same but i would bet my house it would be.

Associate
I have a Panasonic 42" plasma screen as well and i can say i had a problem where when i booted the machine and went into the bios i could only see half the screen, i havent read all through this post but the but i have i presume your symptoms are similar?
This happened with -

Amd 5850
Amd 7970
Amd 5800k with Radeon HD 7660D gpu

I read somewhere its to do with the 1:1 ratio not being a true input or something with the panasonic.

Hope this helps, my current vtx 290 flashe to 290x isnt connected to my tv so cant say if it would be the same but i would bet my house it would be.

Just updated my bios and no difference.

Soldato
ok been looking at my vddc readings and under load its using 1.203 to 1.219 and in afterburner i have +100mv, + 50 power limit, what im getting at is the voltage acting like its unlocked?

cant get core above 1150/1170 without issues and memory at 1500

1200 core crashes the driver

Last edited:
Soldato
if im getting a crash with a garbled display which looks like lots of different colours (pink mainly) is this down to the core or ram when trying to oc?

i can run mining all night with no issue and then another time i try and run cgminer the system will crash and the card will sound like the power is what i can only describe as cycling the fans to full speed then slow, full speed then slow and the screen is garbled all different colours.

Last edited:
Caporegime
if im getting a crash with a garbled display which looks like lots of different colours (pink mainly) is this down to the core or ram when trying to oc?

i can run mining all night with no issue and then another time i try and run cgminer the system will crash and the card will sound like the power is what i can only describe as cycling the fans to full speed then slow, full speed then slow and the screen is garbled all different colours.

Video memory.

Back
Top Bottom