[Build Log] --->PROJECT:LAUNCH<---

Associate
onEBbUC.jpg

Final Glamour Shots

Image Gallery

Hi all,

Welcome to my first truly custom build log! This idea has long played on my mind and with the help from Justin at Parvum I can finally make the case that I needed a reality.

The build originally was centered around convection currents and having the airflow assist in heat rising out of the top of the case. After some thought I have moved onto a wind tunnel airflow design, still keeping the Launch name though!

Stay tuned because this wont be your grandmas Parvum build.

Components:
MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero
CPU: Intel 4670K
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2400Mhz 16Gb
GPU: Asus Strix 970
PSU: Coolermaster Real Power M850W
SSD: 2x Corsair Force GS
HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB

Watercooling:
CPU Block: EK Ltx CSQ Nickel
GPU Block: EK CSQ DCII670 (Yeah it's the only CSQ block that fits the Strix)
Ram Blocks: EK Monarch CSQ Nickel
Radiators: 2x EK Coolstream PE 240mm
Pump: EK DCP 4.0
Res: EK x3 150
Fittings: EK HD Adapters 12/16mm
Tubing: EK HD Tubing 12/16mm
Coolant: Not sure. Clear or white.
Fans: Parvum F1.0

Other:
Lighting: Aquacomputer Farbwerk RGB Lighting!

Case:
Custom designed Parvum case! [final render]
iDyWCQQl.jpg

[Build at 99% Completed]

Thanks all!

nFypUSPh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
[Small update]

I got a first render of the case this evening from Justin over at Parvum (Big Thanks!). The original idea was to have intakes at both the front and rear for rads and an exhaust in the roof. I've kind of been swayed a little from that Idea now given that Justin suggested a window in the roof too, which from looking at other builds, looks really nice IMO. So I'll settle for one big wind tunnel effect! This is still subject to change somewhat but I want to keep track of all the progress in the thread. Still, I don't want to explain every small bit of the build in a bid to keep some surprises for later. Anyway enjoy :D.

i8isUJll.jpg

Associate
nice looking render so far, looking forward to this build, being a parvum owner myself, id love to have a custom one made up, as still saving for a full custom loop, i may just give justin a bell. :)

Associate
OP
nice looking render so far, looking forward to this build, being a parvum owner myself, id love to have a custom one made up, as still saving for a full custom loop, i may just give justin a bell. :)

Well my idea was to have a case to last a really long time with a water cooling setup that will allow me to upgrade and still have the cooling I need. I didn't want to stick with a single colour theme here too because then I can play around with the RGB lighting to suit. Justin has been really helpful in sorting the case out and I can't wait to get started on it.

Associate
Well my idea was to have a case to last a really long time with a water cooling setup that will allow me to upgrade and still have the cooling I need. I didn't want to stick with a single colour theme here too because then I can play around with the RGB lighting to suit. Justin has been really helpful in sorting the case out and I can't wait to get started on it.

looking forward to pics of the case, ive tried a few drawings of case's but it might be better to get the parvum boys to design something for me, i just want the case a bit better to put rads in the top and bottom and to give me a bit more room all round for my loop, with a side inlay and side window as i want the board rotated so the gpu is pointing up and the io ports at the bottom, similar to your render , unless they bring out their atx case then may go down that route, or my switch to a hex gear r40 if they cant do it, as i know they are busy.

Associate
OP
looking forward to pics of the case, ive tried a few drawings of case's but it might be better to get the parvum boys to design something for me, i just want the case a bit better to put rads in the top and bottom and to give me a bit more room all round for my loop, with a side inlay and side window as i want the board rotated so the gpu is pointing up and the io ports at the bottom, similar to your render , unless they bring out their atx case then may go down that route, or my switch to a hex gear r40 if they cant do it, as i know they are busy.

Don't want to be revealing too much here but this case is for an ATX board ;).

Associate
Don't want to be revealing too much here but this case is for an ATX board ;).

i so want them to bring there atx case out, i saw there one up close in the factory, as im looking around at the moment and its out of , a custom one built or keeping with matx and going with a hex r40 for the space, but there a great bunch of guys and rather keep with parvum, due to the customer service and help they give you. any news when your case will be ready. :D

Associate
OP
i keep checking for more pics.:D

Hehe, sorry :D.

Got an email back from them today saying it should be ready to cut and test build any day now so fingers crossed within the next two weeks I should have a case on my hands :D.

I'm actually debating doing a live-stream on twitch to build the case but not sure if anyone would actually be interested in that. Just thought it was something to be done. Maybe a time lapse would be a better option :confused:. Who knows lol. If there is any interest I don't mind at all.

Associate
Hehe, sorry :D.

Got an email back from them today saying it should be ready to cut and test build any day now so fingers crossed within the next two weeks I should have a case on my hands :D.

I'm actually debating doing a live-stream on twitch to build the case but not sure if anyone would actually be interested in that. Just thought it was something to be done. Maybe a time lapse would be a better option :confused:. Who knows lol. If there is any interest I don't mind at all.

oh cool thats good, i remember doing mine i just watched the u tube instructional video, pretty easy really, but as yours is a ATX, a time lapse would be good, i cant wait to see what it looks like, may just phone justin up to go down there and have a look as im only down the road from them.:D

Associate
I bet you cant wait to get started, i know i am, just want to start my new build, i hate it when they show a product and it dont come out for months after, wish Parvum could give me a phototype , although im undecided on the motherboard, was thinking Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S "Sabranco" but i also like asus gryphon and would paint the armor kit white if i keep matx.:)

Associate
OP
I bet you cant wait to get started, i know i am, just want to start my new build, i hate it when they show a product and it dont come out for months after, wish Parvum could give me a phototype , although im undecided on the motherboard, was thinking Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S "Sabranco" but i also like asus gryphon and would paint the armor kit white if i keep matx.:)

I think I prefer the gryphon personally. I don't like the "snow camo" thing really. I had a jacket like that in high school and that was a traumatizing time lol :p

Associate
I think I prefer the gryphon personally. I don't like the "snow camo" thing really. I had a jacket like that in high school and that was a traumatizing time lol :p

lol :D

if i get the z97 gryphon at least i can get a z87 armor casing that will fit the z97, so as to save the new one, im still undecided with colour schemes at the mo but it might be pastel yellow-black , pastel purple-white, pastel blue-white.:)

Back
Top Bottom