Corsair Link Alternative

Associate
Hi,

Is there an alternative to the Corsair Link? ... something which the software actually works?

Looking to setup something like the Corsair custom curve where you set certain temperatures and the control unit automatically increases the fan speed which has been set or as per temperature of the cpu.

Already have a fan controller installed with 4x Akasa viper fans connected but find it a pain having to adjust the fans all the time (watching movies to encoding ect)

In total looking to control all 6 fans incl the 2 connected to the H80 rad.

thanks.

Soldato
Why not just plug the radiator fans in to the CPU header and run those fans off the cpu pwm curve?

That was going to be my next suggestion but would require a bit of soldering. The mobo only has 3 fan headers and I can't find info on if they're all controllable(on the basis of controlling all 6).

Soldato
Manual indicates they're 12w each and the fans look to be ~2w so more than enough grunt for 3 a piece :).

Assuming OP is happy with soldering.

Associate
OP
Never tried soldering before and would rather not mess it up trying.

Connecting the fans direct to the mobo how would I set the temperature to when the fan speeds increase? ect

Soldato
Use something like speedfan and set the curve dependant on gpu/cpu temps.

It's not difficult to solder just some people are scared of it. Also I guess some don't have the kit. There might be fan hubs I know you can get Y connectors there must be a 3 way jobby.

Edit: phobya do one but I can't find one on OCUK sorry.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks will order a few 3 way splitters.

@
Jedifragger
Have tried setting up custom curve which doesn't seem to work. Ran p95 for 30 mins reaching temperature of 60 degree and the fans only spun at 700rpm and not following the graph I setup.

Caporegime
Thanks will order a few 3 way splitters.

@
Jedifragger
Have tried setting up custom curve which doesn't seem to work. Ran p95 for 30 mins reaching temperature of 60 degree and the fans only spun at 700rpm and not following the graph I setup.

I also run a custom curve and at first made the mistake of leaving the sensor at the default setting (Coolant temp). Make sure that you change it to CPU temp :)

After I did that it worked great :cool:

Associate
OP
I also run a custom curve and at first made the mistake of leaving the sensor at the default setting (Coolant temp). Make sure that you change it to CPU temp :)

Already tried this but will give it another go tomorrow.

Also bought a NZXT Grid + plus 3 way splitters, will try the grid plus splitters to see which is preferred.

Associate
OP
Let me know how the grid + is please. I noticed it when searching for you and it caught my eye.

Installed the grid + 30min ago and worked great until the software kept crashing. Running win 8.1 64bit.

Set the curve temp and ran ibt which is when the software started to crash.

Just trying win 7 on another drive.

Associate

Exactly this.

OP - Make sure that both rad fans are under "CPU temp" group. Once you have change that under RPM device set up, be sure save it under that profile then run p95 again and see if the fan curve you have set up works.

I have the same cooler and Corsair Link works fine.

Back
Top Bottom