• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus Strix 980 Ti - fan noise question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
HI. I have a question about my graphic card fan noise. I dont know what to do now.
My fans are rattling ( very small rattle i must put my ear close to card ) for few seconds randomly from time to time, while changing RPM to faster or slower.
I dont know what to do now. Is this reason to RMA?

Card is Asus Strix 980 Ti. I will be very greatful for help. I know this is my next topic, but now i explain my problem more clear.

Associate
If you are being serious, I had a similar issue on my Strix at 40-60% fan speeds, but at nothing else. I fixed it by screwing in the 4 screws as far in as they would go under the fan that was making the noise, which was the one closest to the PCI-e cover in my case.

Soldato
Keep your ear away from the card and your problem is sorted,, just enjoy your card and play games for a bit
If it gets worse then worry about it

Permabanned
OP
If you are being serious, I had a similar issue on my Strix at 40-60% fan speeds, but at nothing else. I fixed it by screwing in the 4 screws as far in as they would go under the fan that was making the noise, which was the one closest to the PCI-e cover in my case.

In your situation that was random rattling? I mean it will rattles sometimes or always?
In my card it is just random issue. Sometimes rattle, sometimes not.
I dont know what to do now.

Associate
It always rattled at 40-60% fan speed, I thought it was something to do with Afterburner's polling - since it only occurred with Afterburner open, but after I stopped the problematic fan with my finger and the noise went, I figured it was the fan and subsequently my custom fan curve that was causing the noise. Mine was audible when sat ~1.5m away from my case, with the side panel closed, as well as with headphones on.

Just try screwing it back in :p

Permabanned
OP
Its very weird. Its totally random. And its hard to reproduce. Maybe 1 of 5 tries. I can hear a very small rattle noise ( for 5-6 seconds ) coming from card when the card fans are starting spinning up. ( and i must put my ear close to card ).
Also my case is open and its sitting near by me. What do you think guys about this?

Permabanned
OP
My pc is on desk. Case is on desk, just near by me ( maybe 20 cm ). So i have good hear.:)
Also my case is opened. So i am just sitting near my graphic card. And from time to time i can hear slightly little rattle from card. Is this something to worry about?

Soldato
Yes i can put side back on. But i want to be sure that i can rma card because of this problem or not necessary?

No u cant. Fans make noise when they start stop and go faster.

Any other reason u can think of and want to start a new thread about no u cant rma it. Unless it actualy fails no u cant rma it.

Soldato
I cannot believe this guy is still here. the mods seem to love him, ive reported all his recent posts and pointless threads and still they continue

it must be one of the mods/dons trolling us

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom