• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus Strix 980 Ti - fan noise question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
No u cant. Fans make noise when they start stop and go faster.

Any other reason u can think of and want to start a new thread about no u cant rma it. Unless it actualy fails no u cant rma it.

Even if this is small rattle noise for a few seconds when fans are starting up or stopping?

Soldato
What is wrong with this guy?

He has 6 threads about the noisy asus strix,

Never listens to anyone,

Wants to rma for anything under the sun. Im waiting for the one saying he wants to rma it as when playing games it blows air out the back.

Posted videos from youtube about his issues that arent even his videos

Permabanned
OP
I dont post any videos. My fans are rattling ( very small rattle i must put my ear close to card ) for few seconds randomly from time to time, while changing RPM to faster or slower.
I dont know what to do now. Sold that card?

Soldato
I dont post any videos. My fans are rattling ( very small rattle i must put my ear close to card ) for few seconds randomly from time to time, while changing RPM to faster or slower.
I dont know what to do now. Sold that card?

Hello.After a month of use , my card making weird noise at starting gaming. Then after a minute while is quiet.
Noise is always when i start a game and when fans starts. Listen , this is example with Strix 970:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ceIxnzd97M

Can somebody tell me what to do now? I dont know it is normal or not.
Why that noise starts after a month of use?

Its a noise like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ceIxnzd97M

I will stick my finger on the center of the fan/fans to stop them spinng , when i will be in home. I am in work now.

This is example with the same noise on Asus Strix 780, listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N_U1DyCiQw
Somebody comment:"looks like the right fan has bearing problem" in comments.

Is this ok or something is bad?

Look at the end of video or at beggining. There is definitelly some rattling noise when card cooling down.

Hello. I have a question about movie with Asus Strix 980 Ti. Somebody upload Asus Strix 980 ti noise and i want know one thing. At started movie 0:00 second fans of the card are running, right? But why they are running ? I ask because, he is on windows at starting movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2K9XSyskUw

Please answer me really. Please be serious about my topic. I will be very greatful. Sorry for my bad english i am not from England. Thx

no not at all

Permabanned
OP
Why don't you listen to the answers given to you on multiple forums and in multiple threads about this same subject.

I notice now you have started posting on OC3D as well now !!!!
Anybody dont give me sense answer. So i am waiting for help still if i can count for help. Thx

Soldato
Anybody dont give me sense answer. So i am waiting for help still if i can count for help. Thx

you mean no one gave you the answer you want.

It always rattled at 40-60% fan speed, I thought it was something to do with Afterburner's polling - since it only occurred with Afterburner open, but after I stopped the problematic fan with my finger and the noise went, I figured it was the fan and subsequently my custom fan curve that was causing the noise. Mine was audible when sat ~1.5m away from my case, with the side panel closed, as well as with headphones on.

Just try screwing it back in :p

Close the case up, problem solved.

This is your 5th -6th thread about noise from this card.

If you are that worried about it then send it back where you bought it from.

Put side case on, if you can still hear it, RMA it and buy a AMD gpu as you dont have much luck with nvidia cards.

Caporegime
I cannot believe this guy is still here. the mods seem to love him, ive reported all his recent posts and pointless threads and still they continue

it must be one of the mods/dons trolling us

Same as, if it was any other member they would've suspended them by now..

Come on mods stop being hypocrits and suspend Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom