• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1060 OR RX 480

Soldato
Heh those Doom benchmarks are not consistent with other people's testing, nor my own experience. The 480 is way faster in Vulkan.

I googled the most recent benchmarks I could. My link was dated end oct 16. Like the 480 the 1060 has also had driver updates which effectively closed the Vulcan gap. Now by all means post me a more up to date set of benchmarks which shows otherwise as I'm genuinely interested!

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
The most recent reviews are only a week and a but old. The 480 is around 10-15% faster in general in Doom.

http://www.eteknix.com/xfx-rx-480-gtr-black-edition-graphics-card-review/7/

Thank you that's a good link. At least shows the 1060 has almost closed the gap as I'm sure it was more like 40-50% originally?

Either way when both cards are spitting out well over 100fps it makes this game a less useful benchmark given both cards do very well and both would satisfy a demanding user and then some. Going back to the OP, it's games such as GTA V where one card can't even manage 60fps is where one may choose one card over another.

Associate
480 will be always the best choice of this two. Better DX12 performance, vulcan also, DX11 performance equivalent depends on game, lower price, more VRAM. What else do you need?

Soldato
480 will be always the best choice of this two. Better DX12 performance, vulcan also, DX11 performance equivalent depends on game, lower price, more VRAM. What else do you need?

Can you name any games that are a) worth playing and b) depend solely on dx 12/Vulcan?

Back
Top Bottom