2010 F1 regs - quick question

Soldato
So at the end of the last few laps you will see a number of cars in the middle of the track stationary because they ran out of fuel?

That is a VERY rare thing.

Remember, drivers have the ability of turning down their fuel mixtures. So if the team detect (using their telemetry systems) that he car will run out of a fuel before race distance is completed, they will ask the driver to run a leaner fuel mixture.

Don't forget that before re-fuelling was introduced in 1994, cars would happily complete entire GPs without refuelling. So, the removal of refuelling isnt really a big deal.

Soldato
all this arguements about steel brakes vs carbon.... errm performance is about the same, zanardi used them in f1 while everyone else was using carbon. yes he was a midfielder but he didnt get overtaken every braking zone by carbon brake disc cars.

the only real difference is weight.

Caporegime
you said technology man, related to the steel brake argument the other day.

Increase in fuel will increase breaking zone.

Which series gp2 is 198mph where F1 top speed is 258MPH in the desert and usually race upto 220mph

indycar record is 256mph on a racetrack , bet they could beat 258mph in the desert

Caporegime
That's a totally different class.

and gp2 isnt?

single seat
open wheel
fairly similar looking to an F1 car.

faster in a straight line like i said , btw they use steel brakes for most circuits but are allowed carbon brakes at specific venues ;)

i never mentioned any series anyway you did :p

all i said was single seater series :D

Transmission breaker
Don
indycar record is 256mph on a racetrack , bet they could beat 258mph in the desert

When Honda took the F1 car to the desert to set a record, they had the plan to keep the car as close to F1 rules as possible. So they could effectivtly take the car to an f1 track the next day, and it be legal.
No reason for it, it was a challenge.

I think in the end the only concession they made was removed the rear wing, added a fin (which would still be legal) and finally added a high speed rudder (which was the only illegal part, and was purely for safety)

If an F1 team went free-range and removed the f1 rules scenario, they would be MUCH quicker. Honda just wanted to challenge the team!

Back
Top Bottom