2022 QD-OLED thread

Soldato
I thought I would make a new thread for the new QD-OLED technology, so not to spoil other threads, I will be buying the Sony 65A95K on release, current owners and reviewers of the Samsung S95B which has been released in the USA seem very impressed

Associate
I thought I would make a new thread for the new QD-OLED technology, so not to spoil other threads, I will be buying the Sony 65A95K on release, current owners and reviewers of the Samsung S95B which has been released in the USA seem very impressed

I usually buy things when the next gen is out so I can get it cheaper. :D

My 2013 (bought in 2014 ex display) 46f8000 will be 11 years old by then so a nice new 65 inch Sony qd oled should fit the bill nicely!

I'm not a fan of getting an oled ex display but with the new anti retention options I'm sure it should be fine.

Soldato
QD OLED does look amazing, defo the next step. While I got G2 on order due to amazing price and the fact QD OLED is limited in size, cannot wait for a few years to see it develop. Hopefully others pick up on QD OLED and see others aside Samsung and Sony have offerings. No doubt we will when it gains traction. caveat in video he mentions he white balances for the Samsung on camera so not apples to apples looking at on screen video. But his comments give insight.

Soldato
Checking out the Samsung S95b, it's clear to me LG need some big upgrades to its oled tech to compete. Samsung needs to ramp up production and either them or Sony to get a 42-50" out and I'll jump on the QD hype train.

Associate
I do want this but I’ll wait until the 55 hits a grand.

Shouldn’t be too long. My current Samsung tv was released in spring 2019 for £2300, and I got it in Jan 2020 for a grand.

I'll be doing exectly the same thing most likely. I want the 65 inch but I think going 19 inches bigger over what I have now might not go down well with the girlfriend! 55 inch will be an upgrade and then in 10 more years I might manage 65 inch.

Slow and steady!

Soldato
I do want this but I’ll wait until the 55 hits a grand.

Shouldn’t be too long. My current Samsung tv was released in spring 2019 for £2300, and I got it in Jan 2020 for a grand.

It depends how many people are buying it. If it’s in high demand, the price might not drop that low if they’ve ended production and all the units get snapped up at a small discount

QLED as a technology is end of life so you tend not to get as much hype for it

Soldato
It wasn’t end of life in Jan 2020
In the sense that it’s effectively an LED backlit LCD. It can rebranded however you like, but the main hype has been around OLED

Also, Samsung like to sell their products at a high price at launch, so they can give bigger/better discounts.

Happens with their phones :)

With QD-OLED being a new tech, I feel like it’ll be quite hyped for the first year or two, and won’t see many discounts compared to QLED

Hope I’m wrong though :D

Caporegime
In the sense that it’s effectively an LED backlit LCD. It can rebranded however you like, but the main hype has been around OLED

Also, Samsung like to sell their products at a high price at launch, so they can give bigger/better discounts.

Happens with their phones :)

With QD-OLED being a new tech, I feel like it’ll be quite hyped for the first year or two, and won’t see many discounts compared to QLED

Hope I’m wrong though :D
We’ll have to see. I’m not in any rush anyway. My telly still has a superb 4K HDR picture.

Soldato
Will be limited panels on the chip shortages still. Need to see how Sony's fairs in comparison to Samsung's. With a heatsink should push even higher brightness.

Back
Top Bottom