2700K Mid Tower White/Black/Red ROG Build

Associate
Really nice build, love the clean look, and the braiding looks great as well. Have you finished with the build or do you still need to add more components? Look forward to the final pictures. How long did it take you to braid your cables???

Soldato
OP
I've always loved clean 'lines' to a build and never been one for the garish bright colourful types ;)

I'm still tweaking things, so this is my ongoing 'to-do' list:
  • After the GFX cooler benchmarks I'm doing, I'll have settled down to 2x 7970's, one of them custom cooled (with the Arctic Accellero you see in pictures).
  • The lower case fan will be changed to a 120mm Enermax Cluster which will match the rear 140mm one.
  • I'll be trying some 'slimline' Raijintek fans on the X60 to go with a push-pull config on the radiator (rather than just pull).
  • I've still yet to sort the lighting as my rudimentary electronics understanding hit a stumbling block and I've been unable to power two LED's in parallel from the motherboard header... I'll probably go back to powering them from the PSU as they're only for the power LED...
  • I'm not happy with the Bitfenix Recon controller (touchscreen is rubbish, looks & feels tacky, software control is buggy & has a mind of its own) and I was a bit pushed for space in the top bay I have it installed. So I've picked up a NZXT Sentry external controller (I'm buying more and more NZXT stuff and very impressed). It has a 'controller card' which takes up rear slot, but doesn 't need a PCI-e slot so I'm hoping to fit it above my top card (so I can route fan cables to the edge of the case).

And then I'll be finished... At least until the second hand 280x prices drop and I can't say 'no' to switching my 7970's for them lol :eek::p:rolleyes:

As for the cable braiding... Probably 20-30mins for an 8-pin PCI-E modular/extension cable (both ends) from start to finish... Starting out took much longer, but once you have the right tools and 'knack' things soon speed up! I have some more to do as I need to go to 8-pin+8-pin on my lower gfx card (from 8-pin+6-pin). I've not done a full ATX-24 pin and imagine that'd be a killer! I was probably averaging 2 PCI-E cables every hour or so and only doing an hour at a time (while I was semi-watching TV) really broke it up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom