3rd Party Switch Pro Controller Recommendations

Man of Honour
Analogue is better right where you apply the pressure you want?
There is no better or worse, the Nova has hairline triggers because the Switch does not support analogue triggers and because it's a Switch Pro controller first, makes sense to have digital triggers that match Switch Pro controller. The Lite is a PC controller first but can be used as a Switch pro controller too in the NS mode and you can then remap the ABXY buttons using the button combo.

Soldato
There is no better or worse, the Nova has hairline triggers because the Switch does not support analogue triggers and because it's a Switch Pro controller first, makes sense to have digital triggers that match Switch Pro controller. The Lite is a PC controller first but can be used as a Switch pro controller too in the NS mode and you can then remap the ABXY buttons using the button combo.
Thanks, switch aside analogue is better right? Also do they require dongles to work on pc?

Man of Honour
For driving games and game sthat make use of analogue triggers yes, but otherwise no because the game isn't making use of all 255 steps of an analogue trigger so just decide based on the games you play on if they support it or not. Generally better because having it is better than not for more games on PC.

Man of Honour
Just for the Switch then yes, it has hall effect sticks so won't drift over time like the Switch Pro one does so should last longer too. I don't think the switch pro controller is better built either so you're not really losing much, only gaining if anything.

I can put mine on the MM for you if you want at a cheaper price? I have the KK3 Max so won't be using this any more so may as well give someone a good deal!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just for the Switch then yes, it has hall effect sticks so won't drift over time like the Switch Pro one does so should last longer too. I don't think the switch pro controller is better built either so you're not really losing much, only gaining if anything.

I can put mine on the MM for you if you want at a cheaper price? I have the KK3 Max so won't be using this any more so may as well give someone a good deal!

Thanks for the offer but I have gift card voucher on Amazon so just going to use that for it.

Man of Honour
I'm actually in two minds right now, do I return the KK3 Max or keep it, I've been doing back to back testing against it and the Nova Lite and even though the KK3 is high quality for material finish and overall heft etc and has anti friction rings, for the price the Nova Lite does exceptionally well without any frills attached. The performance latency is excellent too, even though it's only 125Hz over 2.4GHz (500Hz via USB), it seems to match to the KK3's 1000Hz in terms of latency:

KK3 Max 2.4GHz / USB:
5sTLsGW.gif
/
nuA92L4.gif

Nova Lite 2.4GHz / USB:
7kFvZLM.gif
/
09aMEy5.gif

These were recorded at 240fps for reference and slowed down 1/4. In reality the difference is not really noticeable between wired and wireless, at least for campaign games anyway lol. The extra £50 on the KK3 seems to be going towards the extra features and construction instead of performance. I'm not too fussed about that given I primarily game on mouse/KB.

Back
Top Bottom