• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x3D upgrade

Associate
I'm in a similar position considering an upgrade from a 3700. I've got a Asus B350f gaming motherboard - various articles show that this does support a drop in upgrade to 5800x3d but while it is possible is the B350 missing too many features that the next couple of generations of chipsets added? Or is planning a full upgrade to AM5 the better option.

Associate
OP
Many thanks for that Skilid. I believe have updated my BIOS to the version you mentioned. Will check of course but am pretty sure. Am aiming to upgrade to get more out mainly FS2020 which I spend most of my free time. So, 3700x to an 5800x3D and planning switching my GTX 1070 to an RTX 2070s at 1440p

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D
Associate
I upgraded from a 3600X and it's a definite improvement in minimum FPS, games feel smoother.

First thing to do if you get one also is the PBO undervolt which reduces temps/noise slightly. I think it's called Kombo Strike on MSI boards and is a simple toggle switch it the BIOS.

Soldato
I'm in a similar position considering an upgrade from a 3700. I've got a Asus B350f gaming motherboard - various articles show that this does support a drop in upgrade to 5800x3d but while it is possible is the B350 missing too many features that the next couple of generations of chipsets added? Or is planning a full upgrade to AM5 the better option.
Apart from PCIe 4 only other thing I can think of is PBO2, but for X3D it's usually not available. Although some recent boards have had an update allowing you to undervolt with curve optimiser, but no idea if that's present for the B350.

Soldato
Apart from PCIe 4 only other thing I can think of is PBO2, but for X3D it's usually not available. Although some recent boards have had an update allowing you to undervolt with curve optimiser, but no idea if that's present for the B350.

This is the go to page for PBO2 no matter what your motherboard with the 5800x3D.

Man of Honour

You might like to watch this:

Soldato
The card is fine as played other games which ran well. Is just FS2020 at the moment. My PSU is over 7 yrs old. Ran Afterburner and shown that Power drawn exceeded over 81% when playing FS2020
Ah k yeah 7 years I believe it degrages at a few percent per year, whilst the wattage is not the issue the age might be, in that case is recommend a good 850w with some leg room for future GPU upgrades

Back
Top Bottom