• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 Boot Problem

Associate
I got my 5850 yesterday, connected it properly etc. Thing is when i goto boot my machine the lights come on but the monitor doesnt. You can hear the graphics card fan sort of "revving" (like a car revving basically) and each rev seems to restart the machine, after about 6-7 revs the monitor comes on and everythings ok. Just wondering if i can sort out the boot problem, was thinking maybe its struggling to get power at the start?

Associate
OP
Are you meant to connect both the molexs on each adapter (so a total of 4 molexs connected?)

6-pin.jpg

Associate
OP
I dont think its my RAM since it works fine with my old card. I think its either my CPU (going to reset the cmos when i get home) Or my PSU.

Could you recommend me a PSU that has enough room for crossfired 5850's?

Also what about the adapters (in my previous post)

Associate
OP
Think its my PSU, atleast it seems to fit the bill. My PC randomly shut down earlier and along with the boot problem, seems to me that its struggling for power.

Associate
OP
edit: not fixed :(

How easy is to get a refund back (not from OC) ive got all the packaging etc

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think like you said its just hit and miss, i cant believe all these cards dont work due to the motherboard (I looked in the thread started listing everyone's spec that has a problem with a 5850 and everyone has a differant mobo)

Im getting a mate to test mine since he allready has a 5850 that works

Back
Top Bottom