8Pack APPROVED! SUPER fast SUPER STRONG sub £285 Skylake 4.5ghz Overclocked Gaming Bundle

OcUK Staff
OP
The process is the same if MSI have the correct BIOS and llc is working correctly. The last time I tested MSI lower end z170 boards llc just not working at all.

If u wanna go MSI go higher up the chain then the perf and features all working well.

Associate
8pack, I have, what i'm sure is a stupid question, but i'll ask anyway.

When you buy a bundle, how does it get sent to you?
What i mean is, when i looked at the title: 8Pack Approved Gaming Bundle
And then looked at the pickture:
cuK5kM.jpg

I put 2 & 2 together, and I though that is handy a bundle of things pre done for my convenience.
So i have oh so busy work patterns for a few weeks, i aimed to order it to arrive on the next day off i had, order a case to, maybe a hard drive, and when it came i'd just pop the bundle in the case and away we went.

But, now when i look at it it doesn't say either way, i kinda get the feeling it will come as the parts on they're own, and there wouldn't have been any popping bundle in a case, and i would have been slightly disappointed.

it doesn't make that much difference either way, but i would like to know which one to expect

Associate
Amazingly I got one on the bay last year where the guy sent it just like that. The motherboard didn't survive the journey...
That's what I thought could happen, so my master plan was to buy a case as well, and I was hoping someone would but 2 & 2 together and it would come fitted in the base :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Here we have some gaming benchmarks of this bundle running Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3. All maxed out @ 1080p on 980 Ti GPU. I chose the 980 Ti so as to remove the performance limitation away from the GPU and into the CPU and supporting system.

Sleeping Dogs

Bioshock Infinite

Crysis 3

So we can see even Crysis 3 has enough CPU and memory power from this bundle to run it very well indeed.

Associate
hi i am about to put this together, all is well
but just wondering how important is this - Thermal Grizzley TIM simply the best
to in achieving a 4.5 ghz overclock?

i don't know if its just me being blind or because i'm doing this at 2:30am, but can't find it in the box. however there is a Alpenföhn grease that came with the cooler.

my feelings are its not gonna make any difference what grease is on there, or maybe 1c?
anyway i was just gonna use the alphen one, but as i'm no expert, i'll double check just in case. is the alphen one sh##?

Back
Top Bottom