• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I originally had an Inno3D gtx 970 that had heat problems. It would easily reach 82C when playing games. I think about 80C is normal fo rthat card though.
Check your temperatures are not going much higher than that and also test a default clocks if you are overclocking. Usually a high overclock will lock up a game.

My GPU temperatures are fine, they don't go out of the 40's. I just ran 3D mark firestrike expecting my PC to crash but it ran through perfectly with a score of 9192 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3938261. Now that would suggest the graphics card is fine, i am confused....

I don't have any additional overclock, just what the card came as.

Don
Guys, seriously, stop with the baiting, point scoring and general unpleasantness. If you can't discuss this issue in a civil manner, just leave the thread.

Any more and it will be an instant 2 day sus.

Soldato
See a lot of my friends ask me why I use OcUK and it's the customer service and updates from people like Gibbo that keep my custom exclusive to OcUk.

Caporegime
And what's the latest on this? I could have sworn I read a quote from Nvidia on here saying they wouldn't be releasing a driver specifically addressing the 970, only general driver updates as you would expect anyway? I get the strong impression Nvidia are running to the hills from this now, what with edited posts on the Nvidia forums etc.

No idea and that was what someone quoted that guy Peter saying. They have messed up in honesty and they should be doing everything they can to make it right and a good start would be to appease those who are holding onto the 970. It is a fantastic card still, as it was 2 weeks ago but if there is inherent problems, it is up to them to sort it.

Caporegime
No idea and that was what someone quoted that guy Peter saying. They have messed up in honesty and they should be doing everything they can to make it right and a good start would be to appease those who are holding onto the 970. It is a fantastic card still, as it was 2 weeks ago but if there is inherent problems, it is up to them to sort it.

Tbh if I still gamed at 1080p I'd be keeping a 970! Like you say, still a damn good card

Last edited:
Associate
I am only a very occasional purchaser, and overclockers was just one of a list of potential retailers I would look at for price.

I've recently bought a galax 970. I am undecided at the moment about returning it or not.

What I am decided on is that overclockers will be the first place I look for stuff from now on, and likely buy from them even if they are a bit more expensive.

I'm assuming many here feel similarly, based on their response thus far to this issue, which was not of their making.

Soldato
Guys, seriously, stop with the baiting, point scoring and general unpleasantness. If you can't discuss this issue in a civil manner, just leave the thread.

Any more and it will be an instant 2 day sus.

You just need to act upon this now, it's the same people who are doing this. But yeah, well said otherwise. (not trying to come across as telling you how to do your job)

Last edited:
Soldato
I am only a very occasional purchaser, and overclockers was just one of a list of potential retailers I would look at for price.

I've recently bought a galax 970. I am undecided at the moment about returning it or not.

What I am decided on is that overclockers will be the first place I look for stuff from now on, and likely buy from them even if they are a bit more expensive.

I'm assuming many here feel similarly, based on their response thus far to this issue, which was not of their making.

+1

I'll be buying a new monitor soon, and it'll be from OCUK.

I still can't decide for sure whether to return my 970s as the performance from SLI is miles in front of a 980.

Associate
Recently, VauxFord launched their new sports saloon, the AstKa GTX. It was received with a lot of good reviews in the press, and it starting selling well. The car was sold and badged as having a 3 litre 6 cylinder engine, producing 300bhp.

After a few months, a few owners started to question the performance of their AstraKa's, and further investigations revealed that when the engine is running at below 5000rpm, only 5 cylinders were in use, producing a maximum of 250bhp. If the car is pushed harder, towards it's 6000rpm limit, the 6th cylinder is used, but it only adds a maximum of 20bhp. This has left some owners unhappy that their AstraKa GTX doesn't perform as VauxFord have claimed.

A spokesperson from VauxFord recently made the following comment.......

Hi Guys,

I’m Slick, a Product Manager for VauxFord based here in the UK. Although I read the FastCar forums a lot and work with the guys here, this is my first post.

I want to just start by saying sorry, we messed up.
We posted the wrong AstKa GTX spec and we did not fully explain the engine architecture, and I get why you guys are so annoyed.

However, I feel the AstKa GTX is still an amazing car and one we are really proud of and I believe it is still the best car you can buy for the money.

If you’ve got any specific questions I’ll do my best to answer them.

Thanks
Slick

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHY09Xf0J0

yes, it's either a 290X price drop.....or maybe the 380X

you can sense AMD are about to do something

I thoug they had a fair bit of inventory they wanted to shift first . Hence seeing those reported price drops on the 290x/290.

Be nice if they did , I'd snap it straight up now! But everyone's specing June for any release :(

Associate
Recently, VauxFord launched their new sports saloon, the AstKa GTX. It was received with a lot of good reviews in the press, and it starting selling well. The car was sold and badged as having a 3 litre 6 cylinder engine, producing 300bhp.

After a few months, a few owners started to question the performance of their AstraKa's, and further investigations revealed that when the engine is running at below 5000rpm, only 5 cylinders were in use, producing a maximum of 250bhp. If the car is pushed harder, towards it's 6000rpm limit, the 6th cylinder is used, but it only adds a maximum of 20bhp. This has left some owners unhappy that their AstraKa GTX doesn't perform as VauxFord have claimed.

A spokesperson from VauxFord recently made the following comment.......

Hi Guys,

I’m Slick, a Product Manager for VauxFord based here in the UK. Although I read the FastCar forums a lot and work with the guys here, this is my first post.

I want to just start by saying sorry, we messed up.
We posted the wrong AstKa GTX spec and we did not fully explain the engine architecture, and I get why you guys are so annoyed.

However, I feel the AstKa GTX is still an amazing car and one we are really proud of and I believe it is still the best car you can buy for the money.

If you’ve got any specific questions I’ll do my best to answer them.

Thanks
Slick

Didn't Vauxford also then claim that the AstKa is performing completely as intended and that no deception had taken place?

Soldato
That's not edited.

Posts on the Nvidia forums have been edited, however.

Someone captured the original though before it was edited....

Looking forward to an update today and hopefully a newly created and locked thread for official status updates from OC on returns etc.

Thanks for what you are doing so far OC, it is most encouraging :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom