A budget ND1000 filter review - 10 stopper!

Associate
I bought one of these from SRB. They're branded SRB not Camidox though, is that the same as everyone elses? Not seeing any massive colour casts, but i took it out over the weekend and couldn't get more than 8 seconds at f16, ISO 100 without it being totally overexposed. Not sure how people are getting 25 seconds in the middle of the day!

Not seen any massive colour casts apart from making the image slightly warmer. I am seeing vignetting on one side though. D610 with Simga 35mm.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought one of these from SRB. They're branded SRB not Camidox though, is that the same as everyone elses? Not seeing any massive colour casts, but i took it out over the weekend and couldn't get more than 8 seconds at f16, ISO 100 without it being totally overexposed. Not sure how people are getting 25 seconds in the middle of the day!

Not seen any massive colour casts apart from making the image slightly warmer. I am seeing vignetting on one side though. D610 with Simga 35mm.

Yeah I think the people who are getting 25 seconds are going to the smallest aperture like F22 or something. 8 seconds is about what I was getting too for similar settings which isn't great for the middle of the day but then again I don't take many landscapes in the middle of the day :)

When you get nearer to sunset/sunrise then the light is sufficiently dim that it's not hard to get 20-30 second + exposures and that would probably be the same in a more shadowy wooded area etc.

Associate
Well f16 is the limit of the lens so not much can be done there. f22 would have only been 1 extra stop anyway so that wouldn't have given an extra 17 seconds.

To be fair it was extremely bright.

Caporegime

Mine is definitely branded camdiox

Soldato

I think SRB had a mix of Camdiox and other brands on their site so maybe you ordered a different one?

Soldato
OP
More Camdiox goodies this morning! A variable 82mm ND4 - ND1000, cost me £29.99.

Packaging
DSC_1780 by Mick Wareing, on Flickr

DSC_1781 by Mick Wareing, on Flickr

Twist ring showing ND4 and ND1000
DSC_1782 by Mick Wareing, on Flickr

DSC_1783 by Mick Wareing, on Flickr

Set at ND4
DSC_1785 by Mick Wareing, on Flickr

Set at ND1000
DSC_1784 by Mick Wareing, on Flickr

Fitted to lens. While the internal fitting is 82mm, the external ring is 95mm so thats why it protrudes so much from the lens. This means the standard lens cap obviously wont fit but no big deal.

DSC_1786 by Mick Wareing, on Flickr

I'll hopefully get some use of it over the next couple of days and report back the results.

Back
Top Bottom