A friend and the cat.

Associate
Hi all,

I've got a bit of a dilemma with a friend ( possibly ex) about my wifes cat.

Back story...

When I met my wife she had 2 cats, they where not allowed in the bedroom and the male always wanted to go out at night, the female was content to sleep inside (the male has since died of old age). When we had our son, she lost interest in them.
We moved to a bigger house, we go a very nice sofa and the cat kept wee'ing over the front mat. Cat wee has a strong smell. Since then my wife has insisted that the cat lives out side or in the kitchen.

Now the dilemma.
A friend of mine is insisting that we let the cat inside, call us quote "you are the one who has absolutely no respect for the life of an animal" and tell me that we are treating the cat badly and he will call the RSPCA. I dont let my wife see the messages as I would like to try and keep him as a friend, we went to their wedding, our sons are the same age. I even offered him the cat & £10 pw till she dies but he can't because of his cat.

Personally I would let the cat in, but as we don't want it on the sofa or upstairs the only room available is the kitchen. (I think she feels a bit guilty about it)

How can I keep him as a friend but politely tell him to mind his own business?

Many thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cats where a substitute for kids.

What I though was below the belt when my "friend" said we we where bad parents. As if a child and a cat are the same.

Associate
OP
VincentHana

I agree that she should man up & sort something out.

Mynight
Yes.

Avenged7fold
No. might get one.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why would the cat be "terrified" out side?

Do have children? Do you treat them the same?

How did cats survive so long before humans took them in and domesticated them???

Associate
OP
My wife has informed me that was wrong & both cats went out at night.

Are you seriously telling me that a domestic cat can not survive outside?

Back
Top Bottom