A new AOC superwide curved Gsync monitor.

Soldato
I got hold of an AOC AGON 35" thinking I was gonna be getting 35" of awesomeness , but sadly it wasnt the case , while I could run it at 200Hz which was nice , the image quality was shocking to say the least , anything I ran was blurry , fuzzy , just very poor which is a shame as the build quality was very good

Soldato
I got hold of an AOC AGON 35" thinking I was gonna be getting 35" of awesomeness , but sadly it wasnt the case , while I could run it at 200Hz which was nice , the image quality was shocking to say the least , anything I ran was blurry , fuzzy , just very poor which is a shame as the build quality was very good

Try running it at 120-160hz.

Soldato
I remember back in the old days of CRT monitors they could be blurry. But how can a modern flat panel monitor be blurry unless you run it at a silly non-native res. Was everything blurry - including on screen display ?

Seems very weird !

Soldato
I remember back in the old days of CRT monitors they could be blurry. But how can a modern flat panel monitor be blurry unless you run it at a silly non-native res. Was everything blurry - including on screen display ?

Seems very weird !

1) Non native res
2) Not 1:1 aspect ratio mode on the display (ie if TV) maybe some monitors have aspect mode
3) Sharpness is too low on display (some do have this function, like my samsung) which does effect DVI input
4) Low resolution of the monitor, ie old TV 50" 1024x768 LCD.

Soldato
Interesting but....

1) Fine - so upscaling is never a great idea
2) Yes - again run native res - or use proper source format.
3) Accepted - but generally if the source is good enough, sharpening is not needed.
4) Not a problem at 3440 x 1440 !

I'm still curious how 'everything' could be blurry including a windows desktop at native res, games, on screen menu etc.

Soldato
OK so.. in games ( BF4 , ETS, ATS and BF1 ) it was very dark and blurry with what looked like the colours were being dragged across the game screen , also there was what look like a strange " shadow " around helis , tanks and other trucks , I dunno maybe either I wast doing something I should have been, or something was up with the panel itself ?.....I have never seen that type of issue before though .

Anyway...I decided to return the monitor and relieve me of the awful headache it was giving me .

I should also say that in Windows itself all I could notice was a little ghosting while dragging windows .

Soldato
After a few beers and a moment of madness I pre ordered the 35' g sync superwide last night. I've read stuff about a flicker experience but nvidia told a reviewer it was a driver fix and thought I'd risk it.

£720 for a g sync 35' -1440 screen isn't a bad price

Back
Top Bottom