Abu Dhabi Prix 2015, Yas Marina - Race 19/19

Caporegime
Wow. If Rosberg gets pole it will be with an F1 engine that's covered over 3,600km! If you'd have said that was possible 5 years ago people would have laughed at you. Had you said that was possible 20 years ago yoid have been sectioned! The previous era turbos would do about 3.6km total!

Soldato
Whilst I agree to a certain extent, knowing you have already won is a huge psychology difference. There is very little reason for him to push himself or take risks anymore.

Stats? Records? Total distruction of your opponent so they are mentally on the back foot next season?

Caporegime
Stats? Records? Total distruction of your opponent so they are mentally on the back foot next season?

Hamilton openly has no interest in stats and records in the way people like Vettel do. He wants to win championships, and he has, and no matter what he does he will have beaten Rosberg.

I'm firmly of the belief that if he wasn't contractually oblidged too he wouldn't even be turning up to these races.

Soldato
I think the lifestyle of lewis could be taking its toll on him, since hes won hes been pretty active and i think hes let it slip. Needs to drop the party lifestyle and push on for next season

Man of Honour
Nico was winning the Saturday battles long before Lewis wrapped up the title. Did they just say 6 poles in a row?

This and this, he's an all out racer. He should be winning the last races, not doing poorly. He's on a massive high, the battle is over. He should be easily pulling the lead out. Most drivers don't just fold after winning, they go strength to strength. Maybe not the old party animals. But they haven't been in f1 for some time.

Hamilton is openly interested in stats. How can you say he's not.

Caporegime
^fair enough.

Funnily enough I was thinking of Seb when I answered, he would be nailing it right now in Ham's position.

Yep, which is a shame because its made the end of the season a bit dull up front. In both Mexico and Brazil Hamilton was able to easily keep pace with Rosberg, but hit issues when he got close. If he was fighting for a championship he would have pushed to get past, but because he didn't have to, he quite visibly settled for second, and wasn't bothered about it after the race.

Caporegime
So it is just pure coincidence that Rosberg is now consistently beating him in Quali and in the race? The timing is remarkable...

Caporegime
This and this, he's an all out racer. He should be winning the last races, not doing poorly. He's on a massive high, the battle is over. He should be easily pulling the lead out. Most drivers don't just fold after winning, they go strength to strength. Maybe not the old party animals. But they haven't been in f1 for some time.

Hamilton is openly interested in stats. How can you say he's not.

Championship stats, not meaningless race wins.

If your so keen to dismiss everything were saying, what's your reasoning for why Rosberg suddenly looks like he should have waltzed to the title by mid season?

Back
Top Bottom