Accountants for limited company

Man of Honour
Hey all,

Been with CleverAccounts for about 8 years now, were amazing for 7 of those years, had the same guy looking after me for all that time and had a really good relationship with him if I ever needed stuff.

This last year, he left and I've had 3 different accountants in that time, they've either left or just vanished and I've had some random guy respond to me who's apparently now looking after my accounts. The last straw was that my company accounts are still not filed with a week until the deadline (for my company) and he's only today asked questions that he should have asked months ago. Previous years, both my company and personal tax returns have been done around September/October time, so well in advance.

Can anyone recommend accountants they've had experience with?

Also, if anyone has ever switched accountants, how easy it is to do, given all my accounts have been done on their portal for 8 years.

Thanks

Commissario
Hey all,

Been with CleverAccounts for about 8 years now, were amazing for 7 of those years, had the same guy looking after me for all that time and had a really good relationship with him if I ever needed stuff.

This last year, he left and I've had 3 different accountants in that time, they've either left or just vanished and I've had some random guy respond to me who's apparently now looking after my accounts. The last straw was that my company accounts are still not filed with a week until the deadline (for my company) and he's only today asked questions that he should have asked months ago. Previous years, both my company and personal tax returns have been done around September/October time, so well in advance.

Can anyone recommend accountants they've had experience with?

Also, if anyone has ever switched accountants, how easy it is to do, given all my accounts have been done on their portal for 8 years.

Thanks
I left Clever Accounts in October and moved over to Youtopia - they’re a lot more per month (I pay £240/month) but it’s a much more personal service, with full Xero and payroll setup.

Happy to introduce you if you like.
The transition over was very easy too.

Last edited:
Associate
Having a similiar experience to you with another big firm was the push I needed to just do my own accounts through the year and then just pay a good local accountant for year-end stuff to be sure. Freeagent makes it quite easy once you know what you're doing with expenses and VAT. So I'd recommend that if you have a simple business at least.

Soldato
Worth checking out PKPI, a smaller business but potentially a bit more personal. My wife does the Payroll for them, but i overhear good things from clients around the main accountancy side of things too. One of my wifes self employed Payroll clients has just moved over and been really happy.

They did historically focus on dental/gp's etc but i'm sure they're expanding to not be so limited. I can pass on details if needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom