AIO Lifespan

Soldato
Am i just very lucky or are AIO lifespan claims very overated. Reviews say 3-5 years

I have a corsair H110 that was originally on a I5 4570k machine I bought second hand in 2015/6 and it's still working fine on my 5900x. (just done a prime95 tortue at stock watts keeps it to 65deg)

Have an old alienware R4 that has a rebranded asetek and that must be even older still going fine.

Last edited:
Associate
My Corsair Hydro H90 has been going 13+ years. Only had to replace the fan on it.

Must be something special about the Corsair Hydros from that era :D

Associate
What happens when an AIO fails?

Closest experience I've had is the fan failing, which I only noticed when my system was turned on while open. Otherwise I had no idea (was only on a stock Ryzen 2700). The pump -> heatsink was cooling it passively pretty much fine.

I hope the CPU isn't going to fry the second the pump fails, or the system is going to be wiped out by a leak, and it will be more of gradual process with warning signs?

Soldato
Am i just very lucky or are AIO lifespan claims very overated. Reviews say 3-5 years

I have a corsair H110 that was originally on a I5 4570k machine I bought second hand in 2015/6 and it's still working fine on my 5900x. (just done a prime95 tortue at stock watts keeps it to 65deg)

Have an old alienware R4 that has a rebranded asetek and that must be even older still going fine.

An AIO can die in 1 year or 10 years, average lifespan is around 5 years

Soldato
What happens when an AIO fails?

Closest experience I've had is the fan failing, which I only noticed when my system was turned on while open. Otherwise I had no idea (was only on a stock Ryzen 2700). The pump -> heatsink was cooling it passively pretty much fine.

I hope the CPU isn't going to fry the second the pump fails, or the system is going to be wiped out by a leak, and it will be more of gradual process with warning signs?
If the pump fails
Temperature will keep rising
Until it reaches the point where thermal protection kicks in
And shuts the pc down

Man of Honour
Personally I've not had the best results lifespan wise with AIOs and/or kits. Of the last 3 I had 1 one of the fans (which were combined with the pumps) failed after a couple of years and the other 2 had minor leaks appear after 2-3 years or so (fortunately just seeping near a joint). Out of the systems I've built for people it has been mixed 1-10 years kind of thing.

Soldato
My Corsair H-60 is going strong at almost 5 years now.

Just make sure you clean the dust out regularly and you should be fine.

Worst case, you can refill most of them.

Permabanned
Mines been going for over 10 years and been fine.

Maybe they were just built better back then.
3a5.jpg

Associate
I've had an nzxt kraken for what must be close to 8 years now, and it Is still working and cooling fine.

The fans make a loud noise for a minute or two when I first start it up, which sounds like the bearings. Once it's cleared it doesn't come back until it's been turned off again.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Curse of all you lucky people!
I have THE worst luck known to man, it goes out of it's way to make sure I get it, I can guarantee your old as **** AIO's would outlive the best money can buy one if I bought it, and it'd leak all over my hardware and cause a fire knowing my luck!
I will never own one haha!

Back
Top Bottom