AIO or Air Cooler - Silent 7800X3D cooler help

Associate
Hello!

I am interested in your opinions and experiences.
I'm building a new PC at the end of the month, which will have a 7800X3D processor, since it will be mostly used for gaming.

The processor cooler has not been decided yet. So far I have used air cooling for all my configurations, most recently a Noctua NH-D15S cooler.
Now I planned to use AIO water cooling. What is very important to me is that the PC is as quiet as possible.
What do you think, can the water cooling pump be so quiet that it cannot be heard 30-40 cm from me on the table and I can achieve better results with it than with an air cooling?
If I replace the fans on the radiator with silent ones, can I put together a system that is quieter than air cooling?

Should I stick with air cooling or switch to AIO?

My preferred water coolers are the following:

Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water Cooler - 360mm

EK Water Blocks EK-Nucleus CR360 Lux D-RGB All In One CPU Water Cooler - Black

Thank you very much!

Soldato
They aren’t hard to cool. An AIO is going to come with more components that can cause noise and failure, such as the pump.

I would personally stick with a good air cooler, they really don’t need an AIO unless you must have one for aesthetics or compatability.

Soldato
From my experience the Arctic is quieter than the EK as the pump on that is quite loud, if you want silent then look at the Be quiet range of AIO as they have the pump mounted on the tubes suspended.

Associate
Using the Phantom Spirit Evo, by thermalright. Costed me £35 ish. At the moment, using the Fractal North mesh, at 35% can’t hear it even one feet away from side panel. At 40%, very little, and inaudible at 2-3 feet away.
During 3D mark, the worst scenario in games, it does ramp up to 50%, but the GPU is louder. Can’t notice it. Max temp low 60s. Haven’t undervolted or anything.
On cinebench, the max I noticed was high 70s.
I’m using 3 x T30s as intake at 40% (2k mode).
Also noticed that I have a 4080 inside the case that dump a bit of heat inside of the case too.

Soldato
Thermalright coolers are pretty much
The bang for buck Air coolers right now
Great performance
At a great price
They are also making AIO
If they're as good as their air coolers
They will probably replace the artic freezer and others
As best AIO for the money too
Not really seen any reviews yet though

Associate
Thermalright coolers are pretty much
The bang for buck Air coolers right now
Great performance
At a great price
They are also making AIO
If they're as good as their air coolers
They will probably replace the artic freezer and others
As best AIO for the money too
Not really seen any reviews yet though
Yeah, count me in as another up-vote for Thermalright, for me you can't go wrong with a Peerless Assasin when it comes to air cooling.
AIO wise, I tend to go for Deepcool, I've not long bought a LT720 and it's perfect for what it does, personally feel Deepcool offer good value compared to others.

Soldato
If you can fit one in your case the Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 will run incredibly quiet for a broad range of use cases. Big fans, big radiator.

Associate
Thermalright Phantom Spirit will be quieter than aio for 7800x3d. Chip is easy to cool, so fans can run quiet, but pump will always make a noise in an aio.

Last edited:
Associate
Arctic have just released the freezer 3

It seems to be getting rather favourable reviews especially for the am5 platform.

Back
Top Bottom