Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Caporegime
My new eclipse budget i7 build.

Have two eclipse 62's lying about. One containing an old busted a64 s939 rig, (dead ram). This is the plain silver internal solar eclipse. My other original akasa model was sitting empty, so decided to put it too use. Building a system from parts scavenged from the dead athlon rig and secondhand components. Decided to go for another x58 based rig as the parts are well priced secondhand. Already got the mobo, a very nice Asus p6 x58 de in members market, (thanks Arcane). Just got to source the cpu and ram and a cheap cooler. Gpu will be an 8800gt, then perhaps eventually one of the 470's from my main rig. Fans used will be black with blue blades and a few black braided cables.

Few pics.
IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I kick the case a couple of times and usually the rattle goes.

But then it comes back so I have to try an jiggle it about and take the cover off and put it back on and try stuff out.

I've tried bluetac but can't find the bit that's vibrating!
think I'll just get something else :(

Soldato
Are the Eclipses still regarded as one of the better cases to have, I have one myself had it for years but i cant help but think it needs more cooling, so ive been toying with the idea of replacing mine, even though i love the space of the 62. Might help if i upgraded my 120mm fans, got some equally old Vantec Stealth 120mms in there lol, dont even make them anymore.

should add mine is the one with the Circle cut outs on the mobo tray aswell, bloody handy for routing the cables out of the way.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks Juno

Am I doing something wrong or is the front panel so difficult to take off?
Seems like the something else holding the panel on the right side (near the middle clip)...

Associate
The clips on the left come off easily but when trying to unclip the right side, it seems like there's something else holding it. Didn't want to pull it hard, incase I broke something, is there anything else holding the front panel?

Associate
the right side clips don't have the same shape as the left ones
but since you have unclipped the left side then it is not difficult
to remove the front panel. just do it gently so as not to break them.

Back
Top Bottom