Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Caporegime
Looking good juno, id suggest getting some nice braided extensions for your components. The eclipse has a good deal of space for hiding cables down the side of the 5.25 bays. In the pics i posted earlier in this thread, thats were i put the psu cables. That build was actually a lot tidier inside than my spec in sig.

Associate
im having a hole directly under the sata ports on the board and then am gong to fold the cables under the board and back through the hole!
That way the sata cables are nearly impossible to see,
Also marked out 24pin gpu power and eps 8pin power to make routing easier and neater.
oh and a hole in the tray for front panel
So yeah
ill post pictures of marking and when the cuts are done later this week
and then ill build my rig into it sometime after crimbo
Happy christmas guys :)

Associate
RIAN Stopped
QUICK! MOD AWAY!

ahaha
well
that was a while ago
I finished some cuts now, there pretty scruffy but will defo be tidied and maybe u channelled, i need a rounded hand file for my top 120 hole though...
Other than that i think its come out pretty well and should be fit for purpose :)
EDIT: Build log to come under project logs tonight, going to be doing some fitting considering the majority of the mod has been carried through it now just needs some finishing touches witch will come http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23374651#post23374651

Last edited:
Soldato
So i've gone and watercooled it! Ended up chopping out the fan guard on the motherboard backplate and adding a couple of 23mm holes above it so i can mount the 120mm rad on the back of the case. Cut a square on the backplate so i can remove the cpu block without removing the motherboard and chopped a massive section out of the front panel/drive bay panel so i can squeeze a 240mm rad in the front. It wasn't exactly designed for watercooling but it still looks pretty good with it.

Not happy with the side panel though. It's turned cloudy from the UV cathodes (which have yellowed my motherboard plastic too!) so i've got a huge sheet of clear perspex to replace it.

mhqy.jpg

h0x2.jpg

yyb2.jpg

Associate
and I thought that the thread was dead...

well some weeks ago I took mine to a guy who fits 3M carwrap.
he insisted on red colour but I had a thing for orange:cool:.
opinions on the outcome?

ba57.jpg

Soldato
I still use my Globalwin YF case (Rebaged Akasa 62), even managed to fit a HIS HD 7950 IceQ Boost in without having to remove the lower hdd cage... though I did need to move all my drives down a slot lol

Love the case and in no rush to stop using it.

Back
Top Bottom