Alarm advice

Associate
Hi all,

I currently have a property which has a working alarm system, but its quite long in the tooth now and i think its time to update it.

I have hardwired sensors in rooms and then its a traditional type alarm, with panel, keypad and external bell boxes. My options as i see it are set out below, but i am unsure if i am missing anything or if other members have some advice they would be able to share please.

Option 1 - get the alarm company in to update the PIRs, sounders etc and put in a more modern hardwired equivalent such as pyronix or texecom, app based system
Option 2 - decommission this alarm and put in an Ajax system. Would mean losing the hardwired PIRs, which need updating really anyway, and having a wireless system

As i see it, option 1 makes some sense - it brings the alarm up to spec and means arming/disarming is app based. Cons - not as scalable if i do work over time, would need to get them back to add bits on
Option 2 means a more scalable system, but it means removing the old alarm which is likely a bit of a hassle factor only

Any advice welcomed.

Also, looking for good interlinked smoke alarms if anyone has any recommendations. Thankyou!

Associate
Aico for the smoke alarms. All day long.

Depending if it’s a building regs requirement after an extension or the like - you might need wired interlinked but aico do wireless ones too.

I’ve fitted an Ajax system - which is brill -but if the cabling is sound - might make sense just to keep as is and upgrade bits?

Associate
OP
Aico for the smoke alarms. All day long.

Depending if it’s a building regs requirement after an extension or the like - you might need wired interlinked but aico do wireless ones too.

I’ve fitted an Ajax system - which is brill -but if the cabling is sound - might make sense just to keep as is and upgrade bits?
Thanks. Not building regs so was going for battery for ease, but down the line will need hardwired as will be doing some work.

Thats my thought. Heard great stuff about Ajax and i like that i can add to it over time, but the fact i have a wired setup means it may be silly to move away from wired.

Back
Top Bottom