Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Hehehehehe.

I fired a GPMG at the MoD Defence Munitions for work experience back in the 2000s. That was a mega experience, also got to hold the Walter PPK used in the Bond movies. Won't be able to do either of these things again due to political bureaucracy no doubt.
Firing a weapon can feel empowering. I see why the yanks love them so much but we have it right in this country with a pretty much blanket ban on them.

Soldato
It’s normal for blanks to have a small ‘projectile’, particularly on a self loading gun because you need something to create a little back pressure otherwise the gun will not self load.

It’s normal for blanks to have a small ‘projectile’, particularly on a self loading gun because you need something to create a little back pressure otherwise the gun will not self load.
It is with automatic weapons but bolt action rifles and pistols have a crimped end.

Caporegime
It is with automatic weapons but bolt action rifles and pistols have a crimped end.

No, it isn't normal, a blank firing attachment (BFA) is used to push gasses back for automatic or semi-automatic fire, the rounds with the crimped ends are used whether firing (semi)automatic or not.

In fact using blank rounds single shot as Army cadets do with their non-automatic rifles (gas parts removed and larger cocking handle for kids to hold) is a bit more dangerous as all the stuff just comes out of the barrel whereas with a regular L85 rifle or GPMG the attached BFA stops some of that.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
From the videos she appeared inexperienced and having completely the wrong mindset and attitude for that position - but the question is then why was she there.

Soldato
From the videos she appeared inexperienced and having completely the wrong mindset and attitude for that position - but the question is then why was she there.

She clearly convinced those hiring her she was fit for the job. I suppose it's part of the culture of 'fake it until you make it': sometimes you fail. And this time failure came with disastrous consequences.

She'll be the scapegoat and Baldwin will get an easy ride.

No, not scapegoat. She was the armourer and the guns were her responsibility. She failed to execute that responsibility.

But apparently she faces a maximum of only 3 years in jail and it's already been nearly 3 years, so she may walk free.

Man of Honour
I'd not seen before they claim to have evidence she brought a box of live ammo on to set which wasn't kept account of.

Can see in the court footage she knows she is screwed.

Soldato
She'll be the scapegoat and Baldwin will get an easy ride.
I don't think Baldwin will get an easy ride either, he's part owner of the company, was a producer on the movie (which is a management position) as well as the person who actually pulled the trigger (and been caught lying about it). I think he's in pretty hot water too at this point.

Soldato
Maximum sentence is something like 18 months in prison, which I doubt she will get. Very lucky, considering the usual American system of sending people to prison for years and years.

Soldato
I don't think Baldwin will get an easy ride either, he's part owner of the company, was a producer on the movie (which is a management position) as well as the person who actually pulled the trigger (and been caught lying about it). I think he's in pretty hot water too at this point.
Time will tell on that one. I'm predicting no jail time for him, hence the easy ride.

Soldato
Maximum sentence is something like 18 months in prison, which I doubt she will get. Very lucky, considering the usual American system of sending people to prison for years and years.

18 months seems light for causing the death of someone though neglect.

People get a lot longer than that just for firearms violations, which seems odd.

Back
Top Bottom