Alienware AW3420DW out of warranty repair not possible at Dell UK?

Associate
Couldn't find any post related of any repairs/diagnostics done for Dell/Alienware monitors that are outside of warranty.
Monitor was bough in Nov.2019 from Dell UK directly, and been happily using it since then without any issues - until a few months ago when I have noticed that text wasn't as clear as before - not exactly blurry, but definitely lacking in sharpness/clarity. Also from time to time I have noticed some screen artefacts appearing -mostly random black pixels appearing on the screen for a mere split second. I use the monitor for work as well and on the laptop somehow it doesn't do this.

Problem is that Dell CS wouldn't quote me for an out-of-warranty repair, at my cost ofc, and not sure what options do I have to have the faults diagnosed and get it fixed. I am guessing that pcb/power supply must need replacement - but can't sure.

Anyone here that has/had this monitor and with ideas on how to get it fixed? Curious enough been reading all about the excellent CS from Dell, so when I bought the monitor I never thought that if I had any issues they won't be able to help me out! When I called them and asked for help, they basically told me I need to buy a new monitor -not sure if that's their default out of warranty policy for monitors, or the CS rep was just being cheeky with me.

Soldato
and on the laptop somehow it doesn't do this.

That would make me consider
maybe it's not the monitor at fault?
Anything else you can test the monitor with?
Or are you connecting laptop with
A different cable?
If so maybe just an issue with the cable

Associate
OP
I have used a DP 1.4 HBR 3 from Club3d -link here bough from Amazon, but quite sure the GPU is not at fault since I can play games without any issues - latest demanding ones with no problems, and have stress-test it as well in Furmark and 3dMark for hours.
Swapping back to the original cable the monitor came with - so far I can see the text normally and quite sharp -as it should be, uncertain of those artefacts though if they will still show...will come back here to report.

Back
Top Bottom