AM5, Asus, Holding on Dram light

Soldato
I dont know if there is a problem or if it just the way it works with asus, my system in sig will cycle the boot LED's then just boot.
i just put a system together for a buddy and it works fine and tests fine. but it just feels like it holding on the RAM post LED for a long time. is this normal for asus. i would says 30sec's on just the ram LED then instant post and boot..

CPU: 7800X3D
MoBo: Asus B650 Plus-WiFi
Ram: FURY Beast EXPO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL36

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine switches from orange to red then white and green. It takes about a minute, this is the RAM training. There's an option in the BIOS called Memory Context Restore which when enabled speeds things up considerably.

Soldato
OP
yep thats what it dose just feel like a long time, ill have a look for the option in bios

EDIT: yep this as made things a lot better

Last edited:
Associate
You might also have to turn on memory power down aswell to make it stable

Personally my Asus board only takes a minute or less to boot so I've not been fussed about turning on these settings

Soldato
I timed mine, takes 10 seconds from power on to go from red to green. Mines stable, maybe it automatically enables something else as has been suggested above.

Associate
I dont know if there is a problem or if it just the way it works with asus, my system in sig will cycle the boot LED's then just boot.
i just put a system together for a buddy and it works fine and tests fine. but it just feels like it holding on the RAM post LED for a long time. is this normal for asus. i would says 30sec's on just the ram LED then instant post and boot..

CPU: 7800X3D
MoBo: Asus B650 Plus-WiFi
Ram: FURY Beast EXPO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL36
I see you’ve resolved it but update the BIOS too.

AMDs memory training is famously long during POST.

A newer BIOS will often be better optimised and POST faster.

Back
Top Bottom