Amazon Echo - anyone have one?

Associate
I can't for the life of me find out how to play an album in track order. But outside of music I mostly use it for setting alarms/timers and checking train times.

Soldato
OP
My Echo Dot just shipped. Looking forward to testing it out this weekend with a bluetooth speaker. Only problem is that if I want to listen to music/radio I will need to switch the speaker on as it is battery powered.

Soldato
Mine says it will be shipping today as well.

Keen to get this working with Sonos and my Harmony Hub (via Yonomi)

Can't decide if I'm going to invest in Philips Hue to work alongside it... depends how responsive it is on our super crap 5meg internet... :(

Soldato
They don't, not yet at least. Yo could always plug it into a Play 5 I guess, but that's not going to give you fancy multi-room voice commands.

They do with the free Yonomi app for your phone. I'm currently using Yonomi to turn on my Sonos when I get home and it works a treat.

Yonomi also works with Echo, so I'm just waiting for the hardware to arrive to actually test it! :D

Soldato
It was cool today I was playing songs in the car via Spotify on my phone.

Walked into the house and just said "Alexa Resume Spotify" and it carried on playing where it had stopped in the car. :cool:

Just agreed to sell my Sonos to a friend. :o

Soldato
It was cool today I was playing songs in the car via Spotify on my phone.

Walked into the house and just said "Alexa Resume Spotify" and it carried on playing where it had stopped in the car. :cool:

Just agreed to sell my Sonos to a friend. :o

Keep the Sonos and use the Spotify integration to achieve the same :)

Soldato
We have been using the Echo for about a week and I have been pleasantly surprised. Voice Recognition is spot on even with my cold. The speaker is half decent. The way the mic can pick you up in another room is truly outstanding. Bought some Philips lights and they work a treat. Really fits in to the workflow of life. Also seems to have a sense of humor. Try saying to it "Alexa initiate self destruct"

Will be buying another for sure.

Associate
Got my Echo Dot this afternoon, very easy to set up. Synced my calendars up with it and got it to play radio streams off Tunein Radio with no problems.

Wife is not amused by it and was a little freaked out by it at first :D.

The advert for Amazon Echo came on the TV and Alexa heard it and answered the advert!! :eek:

Soldato
I ended up getting one of the dots as Google haven't got a UK release for home, I'm really impressed got it playing well with my nest and lifx bulb plus Spotify, kind of gutted I didn't get a white echo for £99 now!

Back
Top Bottom