Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Caporegime
No suggestion the item is out of stock.

Makes me wonder if they are shipping it from America and I don't understand why it's not sold by Amazon UK or Amazon EU when it's a popular brand and cycling is huge in the EU
F4xGlxO.png

Estimated delivery date after ordering is wild

Could turn up tomorrow, depends if they find one in the pile of lost socks

Delivery Estimate Details
New estimated delivery date:May 08, 2024 - November 04, 2024

Last edited:
Soldato
Not exactly (or at all, really) a Prime thing, but is anyone else in the Vine programme where you get sent stuff to review? I got invited some time late last year, checked it a few times, saw absolutely nothing of interest and ignored it until a few months ago. Some decent items do pop up on there from time to time. I've had all sorts of stuff so far: two cat trees, a Belkin MagSafe charger, a Belkin 3x USB-C charger, some printer cartridges, an ethernet cable, a rechargeable air duster, and some other assorted stuff.

There's heaps and heaps of absolute crap on there though, the branded items are fairly few and far between and you do need to be quick as they vanish almost instantly.

Soldato
Yep, got invited last year too. There's a huge amount of crap but I've also had a decent enough docking station for my work laptop, cordless upright vacuum cleaner, VESA monitor mount, a couple of power banks, plenty of bits for my Quest 3, a bunch of turbocharging magnetic cables and a whole heap of other stuff I'm actually using.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not exactly (or at all, really) a Prime thing, but is anyone else in the Vine programme where you get sent stuff to review? I got invited some time late last year, checked it a few times, saw absolutely nothing of interest and ignored it until a few months ago. Some decent items do pop up on there from time to time. I've had all sorts of stuff so far: two cat trees, a Belkin MagSafe charger, a Belkin 3x USB-C charger, some printer cartridges, an ethernet cable, a rechargeable air duster, and some other assorted stuff.

There's heaps and heaps of absolute crap on there though, the branded items are fairly few and far between and you do need to be quick as they vanish almost instantly.

I dunno whether Amazon have clamped down on it or something but years back some of the brands I was buying from regularly would send me a parcel with a bunch of products + card at Christmas, not explicitly stating it but I think the intention was hoping for reviews. Stuff like USB chargers, hats, etc. or possible they were raising them as dodgy zero rated orders to boost their ratings or whatever.

EDIT: I actually forget what they were but I did get a couple of things sent officially from Amazon for free to review, not part of Vine, years back as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, got invited last year too. There's a huge amount of crap but I've also had a decent enough docking station for my work laptop, cordless upright vacuum cleaner, VESA monitor mount, a couple of power banks, plenty of bits for my Quest 3, a bunch of turbocharging magnetic cables and a whole heap of other stuff I'm actually using.
I'm always baffled by the really weirdly specific things that are on there, there's been so many moped parts the past couple of weeks, you could probably build one from scratch. Also a surprising number of sex toys and "performance enhancement" pills...

It'd be nice if you could sort it so it always shows the newest items first, to some extent it seems to but if you go back through the pages you'll often find some new things appear in there. It's also a bit frustrating that items will stay listed for days or weeks even though they're no longer available to request, too. Still, hard to complain when you're getting stuff for free, and I only request items I actually want or think will be useful.

Associate
Been on VINE for a few years and had lots of good stuff as well as the junks, the car parts available on it at the moment is so funny. I use Amazon Prime a lot for my DIY needs, order on Saturday night and deliver on Sunday is just crazy.

Soldato
I'm always baffled by the really weirdly specific things that are on there, there's been so many moped parts the past couple of weeks, you could probably build one from scratch. Also a surprising number of sex toys and "performance enhancement" pills...
Someone on Reddit mentioned the moped parts too and said pretty much the exact same thing. As for the other items it does make me giggle when I see them (but I am just a big kid :D) and they do seem to pop up on a rather regular basis. Clearly Amazon or the market sellers think we are all sex starved or all have issues down there ;).

Still, hard to complain when you're getting stuff for free, and I only request items I actually want or think will be useful.
Yep, can't complain at all and, with the very odd exception of things I've grabbed out of curiosity, I only tend to pick up things I can use or give to family.

Last edited:
Associate
Someone on Reddit mentioned the moped parts too and said pretty much the exact same thing. As for the other items it does make me giggle when I see them (but I am just a big kid :D) and they do seem to pop up on a rather regular basis. Clearly Amazon or the market sellers think we are all sex starved or all have issues down there ;).
I did get a few free "toys" to play with , text review only...no photos or video lol

Associate
Ordered a satnav and received a small box of Aloe Vera washing powder. Amazon cardboard envelope was sealed.

Trying to figure out how this scam works, are pickers substituting items in the warehouse? Leaving packages unsealed or swapping labels etc?

Soldato
It could also easily be explained by negligence or incompetence.

They could have just been mixed up during packing and someone got a sat nav that wanted washing power or the products are just on the wrong shelf in the warehouse.

Not everything is a scam, even if the pickers were 99.99% accurate, Amazon is allegedly doing 1.6 million orders per day, I assume that’s global but even still, that’s a lot of people getting the wrong thing.

Soldato
I do giggle when people complain about Vine, there is loads of people who want on but they have this invite only nonsense.

Caporegime
New estimated delivery date:May 08, 2024 - November 04, 2024
Finally turned up today.

So if anyone ever gets a crazy delivery window for something on amazon, sold and supplied by amazon, then the odds are your waiting 1-2weeks it seems.

Glad I wasn't tempted to cancel and order one of the off brand clones now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom