• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC Driver for Windows available for download

Soldato
Never heard of the term z-fighting before, but it makes sense. Would this be an error in the games coding (Bug?) or is it more related to the drivers?

Some games do it (Not many) while in crossfire, whereas others don't do it at all.

Most games have it when viewing long distances. Like on bf4 and you be sniping from a far when you zoom in you see it.

It's not a driver or GPU issue it's the games engine. Only dice and reduce it.

Caporegime
Ok guys benching abit this week. Heaven single card WR 14.6 driver 1600/1725. Heaven two card WR 1500/1700 Crossfire both Z97.

Move to 11 on X79 which is an easier bench to complete than Heaven. I get massive stuttering at anything above 1400/1700. Same temps, same volts etc.

I tried the latest driver, 14.6 as I said before which is amazing with heaven both single and Xfire and also 13.11 Beta 8 which is the most efficeint Xfire driver to date for benching all same problem. You guys seen any stuttering in 11???

3DMark11? I could do a run for you but its not going to be until Monday now as I'm away.

Surely someone can do a run for you before then.

What I can say is 14.7 seem a little less in overclocking, less that 14.6, I think 14.4 WHQL are the best drivers for overclocking, but I don't think the performance on those drivers is quite as high.

Associate
can anyone provide me with the 14.6 installer? I'm using 14.4 again as i uninstalled 14.6 when i tried 14.7 and didn't like it. Can't find a link on Amd site... or i just can't see it :o

Soldato
Dropped in my brand new 290 Tri-x last night after using DDU to uninstall 14.6, fired up and put 14.7 on, PC been fine :) no sign of the black screen issue that plagued my last Tri-x.

Run a hour or so of D3 multiplayer and temp never went above 60c and fans never went over about 40% it seems, but overall I'm well impressed, can't wait to add a second Tri-x now

Back
Top Bottom