• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD E3 Page

Caporegime
OP
8870 looks like just re branded 7870 xt with higher clock speed .

8970 & 8950 prices bit steep ;/ , could be all 50 $ cheaper

Yip. that's exactly what the 8870 looks like.

Not sure how anyone can defend Nvidia's latest drivers :p

I don't think anyone is defending the Drivers, no... that would be the icing on the cake.

Soldato
Its been barely 6 months after a lot longer history of less ideal support (and I'm still waiting on the promised hardware physics) its not about whether they are doing enough its about whether its here to stay.

It's been about 6 months since Roy Taylor joined them, and he'll be the driving force behind that improved developer support. As long as he's there it will continue in my view.

Caporegime
OP
It's been about 6 months since Roy Taylor joined them, and he'll be the driving force behind that improved developer support. As long as he's there it will continue in my view.

Roy Taylor and Rory Read have been a god send.

Roy Taylor is actually from Nvidia and Rory Read is a throwback from the good old Athlon XP days now returned to AMD.

Both of them are very good at what they do, and I think it shows in AMD's new momentum even if some would argue there isn't any, I would argue there defiantly is now.

Man of Honour
Roy Taylor and Rory Read have been a god send.

Roy Taylor is actually from Nvidia and Rory Read is a throwback from the good old Athlon XP days now returned to AMD.

Both of them are very good at what they do, and I think it shows in AMD's new momentum even if some would argue there isn't any, I would argue there defiantly is now.

No arguement from me there (as far as Roy Taylor goes) and what they have been doing is definitely something AMD has badly needed.

EDIT: Actually was getting Roy and Rory mixed up a bit there ignore.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the anger is more to do with the sense that AMD was promising something big at E3, and produced nothing.

Yup, even the Battlefield 4 Multi-player demos were running on XBOX One PC Emulators and not the 8970 cards.

There must be something seriously wrong over there for them not to even demo the card with BF4.

Caporegime
Yup, even the Battlefield 4 Multi-player demos were running on XBOX One PC Emulators

Misinformation.

I0ob3je.jpg.png

mEIkm0E.jpg

dSSprjB.jpg.png

2yosns6.jpg

rky68g.jpg

Man of Honour
Yeah I keep getting them the wrong way around to.

I like that hes getting out there engaging with the users, driving momentum, but they still do need to put a but more substance behind it, hyping up what has so far been mostly non-events and cloak and dagger reveals while good PR sooner or later needs to result in a delivery.

Back
Top Bottom