• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD - How To Overclock The Official Way Using Afterburner + Step By Step Overclocking Guide + Comple

Caporegime
OP
Games are always more demanding than crappy synthetic benchmarks. If you're bench stable at a specific clock speed and voltage setting, whack the voltage up two more notches then test some games. If i was you id put your memory back down to 1500 until you get your core 100% stable. Memory past 1600 on 7970 gives diminishing returns.

Caporegime
OP
The news every one wanted to hear!! Msi Afterburner Overlay to get 64bit support, will work with Battlefield 4!! OMGWTFBBQ

On 64-bit RTSS:

I'm currently analyzing the way which can satisfy most of us. I'm going to offer MSI to invest month of development time on 64-bit server development then make it exclusively available for MSI Afterburner OSD display only. For MSI it looks like much more attractive selling point, because MSI's OSD takes an advantage and no RT-based products I develop for other vendors will have support for it. For me it means that I can safely cancel all other tasks and focus on this task without loosing my income during development time. And for you it means that 64-bit OSD will be available least in Afterburner.

Caporegime
OP
Fantastic post. Is it still relevant for my 7950? Or has anything changed since then?

Still relevant.

Is my AMD hd 7970 voltage locked?Can't control voltage,and I tick allow voltage control:confused:
I thought gigabyte,xfx,sapphire... locked voltage control on theirs cards.
Did amd lock their cards as well later in production cycle?
Will I need to flash bios to gain control on voltage?
ta

What brand is it?

Caporegime
OP
I will check that now mate.
I red that ghz bios operates on lower voltage and gives higher clocks

If you could not unlock voltage control then maybe you were using a old version of afterburner. Ghz edition bios operates on higher voltage and higher clocks. Its not worth it though. Just manually overclock yourself and increase voltage as needed.

Caporegime
OP
Sill now luck:(
I tick allow voltage control,and still can't do it.
I gain extend official oc limits,before I could only set 1125 maks. and 1575.
Am I doing something wrong or this card is voltage locked,and the only way to unlocked it, is to flash bios?

Show me a screenshot of afterburner and gpu-z plox. You have a reference card so it should not be voltage locked, as far as i can tell anyway.

Caporegime
OP
How bizarre. You can leave unofficial overclocking mode disabled btw. Don't know if that will make any difference. At this stage all i can suggest is to try Trixxx instead.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah it's a pity.
I'm totally new to Trixx,can I display temps,clocks,during gaming(left to corner) or I need download other program to monitor that?
Trixxx only control core voltage?,what about memory voltage?

Trixxx can't display OSD, you'll need to use afterburner for that. Not sure about the memory voltage on trixxx, should be able to if you can scroll down. Very little to be gained from the memory though.

Caporegime
OP
So trixxx and msi afertburner working alongside together,won't cos any interference?
My values in trixxx for vddc 1,2V - gpu-z=1,156V
1,212V - 1,184V
Is that normal? As far as I now 1,25V is safe for this card,but I won't achieve this voltage cos trixx got maks. vddc to 1,3V but gpu-z readings are much smaller?

What is the best stability test for OC?
I'm running sleeping dogs on highest possible setting (1920x1200)?

Won't do so long as you don't touch clocks/fan speeds in afterburner. Yes thats normal, its vdroop. On reference cooling id stick to 1.2v or lower. :)

Caporegime
OP
trixx 1,25V gpuz 1,209 for 1175mhz and 1600mhz.
Pass benchmark in tomb raider min 42,8,maks.68,1,ave.54,3
I'm going to deep her under water soon,just checking if she is worthy to keep her:)
How to use snipping tool after finish benchmark it tomb raider?or are you using different program for that,Would like to post score in the thread.

I use afterburners screenshot function.

Back
Top Bottom