• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Launches Three Kaveri APU SKUs in February 2014 – Feature Set For A10 and A8 APUs Detailed

Associate
1080P gaming is out of the question.

Lack of bandwidth is seriously hampering what the iGPU can do.
I'm interested to see if there's any decent gains at DDR3 2400-2800 (if any board will clock memory that high) at tight timings.
We've already seen DDR3 2133 scores and as I already thought, it's not too good.

Soldato
So am i if Kaveri ends up trash.

We need competition against Intel, even those who have no intention of buying an AMD CPU.

Constantly lagging 40% behind Intel in IPC is no competition, if those slides are true this will be the 3'rd or 4'th AMD architecture that has all but 0 performance increase.

I know AMD are no longer aiming for the performance market, but even the APU market will not accept continuing upgrades that are no upgrades.
its just repeating the same colossal mistake that lost them the performance market.

Based on leak info that isn't testing the apu's in a hsa envionment. Yes ok compare x86 performance between intel or amd previos gen, but don't forget about the hsa.
People need to readjust to cpu-gpu compute and its future, rather than just single thread performance or ipc increases on traditional software. Like we said on here though theres going to be a delay until software devs catch up, which currently means the transitional timing of amd paints kaveri in a bad light, as its primary architecture feature is not being used yet or leaked performance shown yet. Give it time and we'll see it scale

Soldato
I thought that whilst tighter timings can make up for lack of bandwidth, in terms of how APUs use RAM, bandwidth is more important.

Both apply but high rated ram and tight timings come at a premium, which is why slower cheaper ram with tighter timings will sometimes work out better value, especially when clocked.

Unless some magical ram can provide 100gbs, hat would then make almost acceptable 1080p. The 260x has 100gbs take a look at its performance

Caporegime
Its only really gaming that i'm interested in, Dave, TBH :)

Popularity of AMD APU's and sales with it has shot up in the last year, almost all of those sales are because they are cheap all in one systems, people buying them don't care or even know about Intel's IPC advantage.

I do know and know what effect it has on what i need it for, but i do understand i'm in the minority, as we all are.

The frustrating thing is the only place i can look is Intel, which are quite a lot more expensive, to expensive.

Soldato
Not a lot more I can say humbug, except just wait for some reviews with people who know what they are doing. But prepare for possible disappinment in some areas.

Soldato
OP
AMD Kaveri A10-7850K and A10-7700K Packaging Pictured – BIOS Update On FM2+ Boards Compulsory

With just a few days left in launch, leaks regarding the AMD Kaveri A10-7850K and A10-7700K are pouring in from all corners of the internet. Japanese site Hermitage Akihabra has revealed the first pictures of the A10-7850 Box packaging which will be available on retail on Wednesday morning.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-kaveri-a10-...s-update-fm2-boards-compulsory/#ixzz2q1cDFh9U

Caporegime
They have to work on their front end efficancy, then amd is pretty much irrelevant except price.

Ha.

You know, I'm always pessimistic of AMD, then bang, Kaveri, the hype starts, I allow myself to get sucked into it (The 7850 performance IGP and the rest of it although I expected more a 7750 than a 7850 :p) and it seems it's going to disappoint for that :p

It's like when people game on Trinity at 1080p, all builds up the hype.

Back
Top Bottom