• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R290X BF4 EDITION - WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! **

Associate
I really don't get this launch. AMD has dropped the ball here in my opinion now with the lack of card shipments to companies including OCUK. I was really hoping to have the 290 and 290x information at hand at the same time so I can make an informed decision which to purchase.

By waiting an extra week or so that just makes people maybe think twice to purchase. By having the stock ready to go I don't see a reason why they don't just let them out to the public. I've got a feeling quite a few people will cancel due to not knowing what the full picture is with the 290 (myself included)

OcUK Staff
OP
Will the 290 be available for pre-order?

We can always trust you to blag us some great deals, Gibbo :D

No.
290 launches next week and we've got 1000 in stock, we might be the only UK etailor with those too as I've ordered 10,000, it's an awesome card. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I really don't get this launch. AMD has dropped the ball here in my opinion now with the lack of card shipments to companies including OCUK. I was really hoping to have the 290 and 290x information at hand at the same time so I can make an informed decision which to purchase.

By waiting an extra week or so that just makes people maybe think twice to purchase. By having the stock ready to go I don't see a reason why they don't just let them out to the public. I've got a feeling quite a few people will cancel due to not knowing what the full picture is with the 290 (myself included)

In the email I send I shall give us much 290 info as I can, let's just say when over clocked it's bloody good, think 7950 and 7970 but the 7950 being the clocker this time. ;)

Now I say no more! The email will have rest to try and make a buying decision or to cancel an easy decision.

Soldato
I know nothing about the 290 non-X (along with the rest of you), but I'd be very surprised if two don't end up in my PC after I return from holiday. ;)

I really want to believe that two of those in Crossfire is where the smart money is.

Associate
Thank you. I gather the information can be shared once you email it out? For the people who haven't pre ordered they won't get that information. I gather they would be free to post it on the forums?

In the email I send I shall give us much 290 info as I can, let's just say when over clocked it's bloody good, think 7950 and 7970 but the 7950 being the clocker this time. ;)

Now I say no more! The email will have rest to try and make a buying decision or to cancel an easy decision.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thank you. I gather the information can be shared once you email it out? For the people who haven't pre ordered they won't get that information. I gather they would be free to post it on the forums?

You should not, hence I will put hints in the email, because it is under NDA and price is not yet confirmed on 290 but of course it will cost less than R290X. Just how much is anyone's guess, I have a good guess but can't share at present.

Soldato
Yes we've done our ordering, these cards run hot but safe, water will give them good benefits for sure. :)

Awesome!

I am so eager to get one and put it on water straight away. If there is a OCuk pre-fitted 290x, i will probably get one. If not i will buy them separately and rage as i try to undo all the stubborn thread locked screws that the reference cooler is attached with.

Back
Top Bottom