• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Readies Massive Radeon Software Update with Crimson Relive Drivers – Performance Increases For R

Soldato
They have been a LOT better recently with drivers. Drivers were the reason I went Nvidia for the past 10 years. But now that is reversing :/

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They have been a LOT better recently with drivers. Drivers were the reason I went Nvidia for the past 10 years. But now that is reversing :/

Not had any issues with NVidia drivers myself. Though I did read there was an issue with memory clock being stuck and not boosting recently. But I don't update my drivers every 5 minutes so did not experience it :)

Soldato
400 series only though :(
plus it's only for 18 different games on the DX 9, 10 & 11 api's, Although they hope to add future games to the list and possibly DX12.

Yeah seen that, I expect a lot of this stuff is for new plus newer GPUs.
Am cool with all that tbh, even recording.
The only thing from the list that am expecting is Freesync window mode and wattman.
Maybe some extra performance love :)

Soldato
All aboard the hype train! :D

Can they improve the 290 even further!? :eek: Either way looking forward to this.

290 is like the Duracell advertisement.
While the 780, 780Ti, Titan Black, 970, 980 have bitten the dust becoming obsolete, the 290 (especially the X), still alive and strong, when no other graphics card survived her 4th birthday!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I really just hope they have added an adaptive vsync and fast sync option like what nvidia have and 21.9 VSR support. Anything else is a bonus.

Associate
This is all ofcourse speculation until the 9th, but what perf gains are expected here for say a 480 in DX11, 10℅+?

Seems anything but noticeable gains are meaningless

Soldato
I alt tab out all the time when gaming and yes borderless is more "smooth" for that but fullscreen works perfectly fine too, still takes less than a second to alt tab out and browse the web and less than a second to get back into game.

If people are seriously into their MMO's or multi-tasking, I imagine that they would have a dual monitor setup for such things.

Some games don't have a true fullscreen mode even though they label it as such. It's a pity Freesync doesn't work in these at the moment, it's great news that this is going to change.

Back
Top Bottom