• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
According to the tech rumour YouTuber "Moores Law is Dead" and Tweaktown we could be seeing AMD's FSR3 next month, As usual take with a gigantic grain of salt.

If it is coming this year I can see it being a feature for Starfield which is sponsored by AMD.

AMD's long-awaited third incarnation of its frame rate boosting tech is almost here, and could even debut in September - if we're lucky.

That's according to Moore's Law is Dead (MLID), who shares this info in the latest YouTube clip the leaker has uploaded which is mostly about discussing RDNA 4 and RDNA 5 graphics cards, and where AMD is going with those.

At any rate, we're told that FSR 3 is now almost ready, and the NVIDIA DLSS 3 rival is set to launch in Q4 - although it might just sneak out in September.

AMD's strategy is that it wants to have FSR 3 coming out with, or at least close to, the incoming Navi 32 graphics cards. Those are theoretically the RX 7800 XT and RX 7700 XT, and they'll supposedly be revealed at Gamescom later this month, ahead of a September launch.

We will have to see if this pans out - not just regarding FSR 3, but also the rumored mid-range RDNA 3 launches - but gamers will certainly be relieved to hear something about the former.

After all, AMD announced FSR 3 a long time back now - nine months ago, in fact, and since then, we've heard pretty much zip about it. Which started to make the more cynical feel like its announcement was more of a kneejerk reaction to NVIDIA's launch of DLSS 3 - the tech was first revealed in September of last year - with little substance behind it.

Indeed, folks were starting to wonder if it would ever arrive, but FSR 3 has been doing the rounds a bit in the rumor mill of late, and the latest gossip from MLID sounds quite confident that it's due soon.

In this new video from MLID, the leaker spills a whole bunch of sensible sounding details on RDNA 4 - and why it most likely won't have high-end offerings, backing up another recent rumor aired on Twitter. The good news is that this will mean RDNA 4 can be released quickly, and that AMD can focus more on RDNA 5 to leverage gains there, as it's supposedly set to be a huge stride forward.

If FSR 3 is indeed announced alongside the launch of the new mid-range RDNA 3 products, that'll clearly give those GPUs a bit more of a stoking in terms of their hype. NVIDIA has certainly been waving the DLSS 3 banner around with considerable fervor to promote Lovelace graphics cards, so we'd imagine AMD will want to make some noise with its rival tech.

Last edited:
Soldato
Launching with Starfield would be a major plus for anyone owning a AMD card right now. Imagine a 10-15% uplift on a 7900xt(x), could be game changing! Need to see the benchmarks for this game first, im holding out till i see reviews whether to switch out my trusty 3090.

Caporegime
Launching with Starfield would be a major plus for anyone owning a AMD card right now. Imagine a 10-15% uplift on a 7900xt(x), could be game changing! Need to see the benchmarks for this game first, im holding out till i see reviews whether to switch out my trusty 3090.

But but but, fake frames!!!! Surely the same people who slate nvidias FG will also have the same outlook for amds fsr 3 :p ;) :D

Going to be very interesting to see how amds solution looks though given nvidia are relying on hardware to solve latency issues etc. not to mention the quality, we are already seeing how the lack of ai/machine learning is holding back fsr 2 big time compared to dlss, can't see it being any better here either, if anything, will probably be an even bigger gap, at least for the initial phase....

Last edited:
Soldato
But but but, fake frames!!!! Surely the same people who slate nvidias FG will also have the same outlook for amds fsr 3 :p ;) :D

Going to be very interesting to see how amds solution looks though given nvidia are relying on hardware to solve latency issues etc. not to mention the quality, we are already seeing how the lack of ai/machine learning is holding back fsr 2 big time compared to dlss, can't see it being any better here either, if anything, will probably be an even bigger gap, at least for the initial phase....

It's double standards!!!! You should know this by now! :D:p

Soldato
Lol, I forgot about this fake frame FSR nonsense. I’ve literally just installed CP2077 to test DLSS fake frames and my mind has not changed. All it does is add excessive lag and feels crap. My eyes say smooth but my brain says SLOOOWWW and that’s with the reduced input lag set in NVCP. It reminds me of setting vsync on with a no Freesync monitor.

On a side note CP 2077 really is a crap looking (not to mention just crap) game even with full RT. So much pop up it’s hard to believe this is the poster child for RT.

Last edited:
Associate
Then NVIDIA gave you inadequate hardware. They cannot wait until you buy their RTX 5090.
Can AMD give me better hardware.?

If anything frame generation helps with cpu bottleneck just as much as it does with gpu bottleneck so does it mean that AMD gave me inadequate CPU as it cant reach 120fps in many modern games.?

Last edited:
Soldato
Can AMD give me better hardware.?
Could not care less if they could. If someone has to rely upon software to make up the discrepancies on a £1500 or whatever piece of hardware, then cool beans. I will never support or defend such mediocrity. Actually, I could not give a **** about what price card people have, my opinion is pretty rigid and if your card sucks then you have to upgrade.

Last edited:
Associate
Could not care less if they could. If someone has to rely upon software to make up the discrepancies on a £1500 or whatever piece of hardware, then cool beans. I will never support or defend such mediocrity. Actually, I could not give a **** about what price card people have, my opinion is pretty rigid and if your card sucks then you have to upgrade.
Check my edit.

Associate
Lol, I forgot about this fake frame FSR nonsense. I’ve literally just installed CP2077 to test DLSS fake frames and my mind has not changed. All it does is add excessive lag and feels crap. My eyes say smooth but my brain says SLOOOWWW and that’s with the reduced input lag set in NVCP. It reminds me of setting vsync on with a no Freesync monitor.

On a side note CP 2077 really is a crap looking (not to mention just crap) game even with full RT. So much pop up it’s hard to believe this is the poster child for RT.
I agree my biggest regret buying a game in 2020, £30 loss on this game I never played and still can’t bring myself to play. I thought the graphics were a bit meh and not sure what the fuss was about. Jedi Fallen Order or Survivor graphics on Unreal 4 so much better than Cyberpunk engine.

Last edited:
Associate
If you need frame gen or FSR3 then you need an upgrade.
How do i upgrade from a 4090? Pls enlighten me!

Meh, already asked… i’m late to the party i guess.

Anyway FG is great and i stand by my general statement that whoever disses it has an agenda or hasnt personally used it. In every single game i’ve tried it its been great, and there’s no issue with latency. On an OLED even. Sidenote, also funny to see people going but but muh latency while they’re on ****** monitors and having higher latency by default by either playing on amd cards or not using reflex.

You’re not fooling anyone lel.

Ontopic: doubt this garbagetuber knows anything, they almost never do. However, hope people will hold FSR3 to the same standard as DLSS FG ( who am i kidding ).

Either way, would be nice if it comes out soon, instead of being vaporware.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do i upgrade from a 4090? Pls enlighten me!

Meh, already asked… i’m late to the party i guess.

Anyway FG is great and i stand by my general statement that whoever disses it has an agenda or hasnt personally used it. In every single game i’ve tried it its been great, and there’s no issue with latency. On an OLED even. Sidenote, also funny to see people going but but muh latency while they’re on ****** monitors and having higher latency by default by either playing on amd cards or not using reflex.

You’re not fooling anyone lel.

Ontopic: doubt this garbagetuber knows anything, they almost never do. However, hope people will hold FSR3 to the same standard as DLSS FG ( who am i kidding ).

Either way, would be nice if it comes out soon, instead of being vaporware.
What a meltdown :cry:

Soldato
I agree my biggest regret buying a game in 2020, £30 loss on this game I never played and still can’t bring myself to play. I thought the graphics were a bit meh and not sure what the fuss was about. Jedi Fallen Order or Survivor graphics on Unreal 4 so much better than Cyberpunk engine.

Same I bought it on release tried with the 3080 after 1 hour I uninstalled and never played it since , visually for me red dead , death stranding, tlou look much better could name more

Caporegime
Is FSR 3 basically just FSR 2.2 plus frame gen or does it add image quality improvements to what we’ve already got with FSR 2.2?
We don't know yet, but am personally hoping for an overhaul considering that Intel seem to have overtaken them with their XeSS 1.1 software implementation.

Gamescom starts on the 23rd, it's thought that their will be an announcement during that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom