• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Any coil whine on your 1080 or 1070?

Do you have any coil whine on your 1080 or 1070?

• Yes

Votes: 76 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 158 67.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Quite bad coil whine on my zotac gtx 1070 extreme amp edition. Happens as soon as load is placed on GPU. Using a coolermaster VS550.

Really bad coil whine in Overwatch, mild whining in WoW and other games though. Asus dual 1070, Corsair RM750. Use to happen on my old 550w psu with a different card and different motherboard so I've no idea where to even start diagnosing. I'll probably just put up with it.

If your only using one twin ganged pci-e cable, split the gpu power draw on the psu by using both pci-e cables.

Soldato
If your only using one twin ganged pci-e cable, split the gpu power draw on the psu by using both pci-e cables.

Not sure what you mean (sorry), it's an 8 pin connection I'm using from the 8 pin PCI-E out on my PSU.

Edit: do you mean using 4 pins from one and 4 pins from the other?

Last edited:
Associate
Coil whine here. 1080 FE. Open test bench, so I can hear it outside the room. So bad that it is amplified and played through my sub and speakers. Went out and bought a shielded hdmi cable, now I think only the sub only is affected. Everything is plugged into the same electrical socket (did this incase it was a ground loop).

Back
Top Bottom