Anyone free tomorrow and wants to watch some live Olympics

Associate
OP
Just got home after a fantastic day! Even joyed watching the syncro swimming, due to the atmosphere! But man, it was soooo hot in out seats!!

Was going to hang around to watch 100m Final on the big screen, but I was virtually fulling asleep, after being up since 5, and only having 3 hours sleep that night!

If you have the opportunity to go to the park, take it! It has an amazing vibe, and everyone is so friendly!

Thanks to both Sean_UK and Andrew_McP for joining me today! Was great to meet you both!

Soldato
It was an excellent day out and a great experience.... well, apart from the bits where I couldn't find you despite being about three feet away, and the bit where I wandered into the ladies' loo after being up for about 24 hours. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

But hey, I was fulfilling the role of "embarrassing parent" in the group. It's a tough job but someone's got to do it!

Thanks yet again for the chance to get inside and experience things first hand. I ended up lingering longer than I planned because as I walked past the stadium towards West Ham, huge roars kept going up, and it was incredibly atmospheric with the sun setting behind the stadium. I hate to think how much I would have paid to get inside then if given the opportunity.

The trouble is that's led me down a very bad path and my budget for a ticket to get inside the stadium -- if one should come up -- has gone up considerably. It is, as we agreed, the chance of a lifetime to experience something so unique. I never expected to feel that way before my trip to the fence on Friday, but that changed things, and yesterday buried what was left of my cynicism.

I haven't posted any images yet in a proper format, but the raw material is sitting here...
https://picasaweb.google.com/103830313279701032127/5thAug2012
I don't think I've uploaded anything embarrassing.

Nice to meet you guys. Great day, good company. Even the synchronised swimming was impressive because of the atmosphere (and skill on display, even if it's a bit of a strange skill). I'm even recording their second session this afternoon. Mainly so I can see if anyone gets heatstroke and falls out of the seats where we sat. ;)

Soldato
I’d had no luck with tickets myself via official website etc, so thanks mp3duck the ticket was very much appreciated! Great day indeed, enjoyed the company and day very much despite getting sod all sleep night before. :p

None of us three expected synchronised swimming to have such an impressive atmosphere, so we stayed for whole event instead of just checking out swimming arena for while then leaving. Weather threatend to turn nasty and we braved two sudden heavy down poor’s, but early afternoon sunshine arrived and rest of day was very warm. :cool:

I'm for sure going again should my luck with official routes improve...

I haven't posted any images yet in a proper format, but the raw material is sitting here...
https://picasaweb.google.com/103830313279701032127/5thAug2012

Some good ones, cheers for sharing :)

Associate
OP
Cat A, christ that wont be cheap!

Told her my budget for us both in was £500.00, so ours wont be Cat A.

It's 200m Final night, so you so lucky with those tickets!
Plus, weather is looking fantastic!

I very much doubt there are tickets left now, so nether mind!

Associate
OP
So, I got a ticket for Friday night, but in cat AA so £795.. after some consideration, I decided not to take that ticket, as it's such a huge amount, with limited Team GB prospect.

I may live to regret it, but £795 is just too much.. £450 I have have gone for it

Soldato
Well done Sean. Relationship saved. :) I was going to say "hope you have a great time", but of course you'll have a great time!

£795 ticket would have been be a tricky choice though Danny. Like you say, a lot of money, but quite a lot of experience too. The problem I'd have had in your position is I think the better experience might be further back in the crowd in the cheaper seats.

Still, beggars can't be choosers at this late stage! One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be a window around 9am where some last minute tickets for that day seem to appear. Good luck.

While I'm here, I watched the recording I made of the second synch swimming session today. Pretty dynamic stuff, and a bit more involving with the commentary and without the heatstroke. :) But I still wish I'd been there; the creative displays were a lot more photogenic. However I'm still incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to have gone. So, for the hundredth time, thanks!

BTW, when watching previous swimming events I hadn't spent any time looking at the seating, but it's really quite a long way up to where we were! :->

Associate
OP
BTW, when watching previous swimming events I hadn't spent any time looking at the seating, but it's really quite a long way up to where we were! :->

Yep, but I'd would have been more than happy with those seats if we had them for a swimming event. High up, but still a great view!

Back
Top Bottom