Anyone got access to Ford Ecat?

Soldato
Following my saga in the 'what have you done to your car today' thread, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and replace the water pump, PAS pump and CHT sensor on my 54 plate 2.0 TDCi Mondeo mk3.

I've spoken to my local Ford dealer and there seems to be some confusion about the correct PAS pump:

I was under the impression that I needed FINIS #1475652 — £205.20 from another Ford dealer (£89.99 from Transit Parts 'on the bay').

However, my local dealer says they can't find that part number and according to their system, the correct pump is FINIS #1357629 — £458.46 :eek:

Now, a limited Google search suggests that both of these numbers are correct PAS codes for Duratorq Diesels built between 15.09.2004 and 19.03.2007 but I can't work out what the difference is.

I'm not suggesting the lady I spoke to is wrong, but I want to make sure I'm not paying twice the price for something unnecessarily.

Does anyone have access to Ecat and could they look this up for me?

Associate
I've got access to Ecat at home, if you email me your VIN number (email in trust) I can take a look tonight for you if that helps at all?

Associate
Sorry to have to say this Tom, but I can't find my copy of Ecat at the moment.

It was installed on my PC before I installed my SSD, but took the SSD as the ideal time to reinstall everything. I have Ford Etis working, but just cant find my working copy of Ecat.

Sorry mate :(

Soldato
OP
I got to the bottom of it should anyone else ever run into this issue:

Ford FINIS #1475652 is a reconditioned power steering pump that requires the return of the old part (or a £50 surcharge).

Ford FINIS #1357629 is a brand-new power steering pump.

Associate
Tom

I went into my local Ford Stealership this morning on my way into work and spoke to them.

The PAS Pump is coming up with FINIS #1357629 which is the following Ford Part Number (on their old system) - XS71-3A674-BF based on your VIN number.

Upon doing so more digging myself, I've found the following:

FINIS #1475652 is the following Ford Part Number (on their old system) - XS71-3A674-BG
FINIS #1357629 is the following Ford Part Number (on their old system) - XS71-3A674-BF

If you look here the OEM part numbers for the #1357629 are as follows: OEM No. 1357629 1475652 4130156 XS713A674BD XS713A674BF 265364181 XS713A674BA XS713A674BE XS713A674BG

Now looking at all that, that would imply to me that the two FINIS numbers you have are for the same unit. Certainly picture wise the PAS pumps look identical from the outside.

Anyway, hope some of this info helps. If not, you could try speaking with somewhere like Eurocarparts or German & Swedish.

Best of luck getting it sorted though :)

Soldato
OP
Daryl that's above and beyond!

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that, I owe you one. :)

I ended up ringing another Ford dealer this morning (the third I've been in contact with) and they were able to explain it.

They also have it for £150 less than my local so I'm going to try and do some haggling…

Soldato
OP

Thanks Chris, that is a useful resource that will no doubt come in handy in the future.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't have solved my original question as it shows the part with both FINIS numbers and no explanation as to why the same part could have multiple numbers…

Its not a problem Tom, felt bad for not being able to get you the information as I thought I could last night.

Thanks again Daryl. :)

Soldato
OP
Just a quick update (if anyone cares :p)

My local dealer couldn't match the prices I found online so I'm getting the parts from one dealer in Stoke-on-Trent and the work done at the one down here.

Apparently the £60 surcharge (inc. VAT) applies to the brand-new unit as well as the reconditioned one, although this may be because I was getting it for £311.11 instead of £458.46.

Unfortunately, my current PAS pump isn't genuine Ford so I can't return it to recover the surcharge.

However, I'll still be getting the PAS pump, water pump and CHT sensor for £500 instead of £640.

When you chuck in a saving of £20 for two litres of PAS fluid and 5 litres of antifreeze/coolant I'm looking at a good £160 saving (which would have been £220 if I could have returned the old pump).

Now, I've easily 'spent' that amount in time doing the research and placing the orders, and the total job is still going to cost ~£900, but as it hasn't broken the physiological £1k barrier I'm relatively 'happy'.

The car isn't booked in for the work until the 5th July but I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom