anyone here run their own ecommerce site ?

Associate
out of curiosity im wondering if anyone here runs a ecom site and if so how many failed/invalid transactions do you typically get a week ?

our site has recently gone live and all though we dont do a great deal of sales at the moment through the site we seem to be getting quite a few failed or invalid transactions

Soldato
I run the own for the business I work for, half time. We probably get about 3-5% failed per week, but we don't have huge turnover, especially not this time of year.

Soldato
Usually :

1) Buyer gets halfwy through shopping cart section, and quits (unreported)
2) Buyer accepts shopping cart, and quits (reported)
3) Buyer accepts shopping cart, goes to pay, quits (reported)
4) Buyer accepts shopping cart, goes to pay, pay rejected (reported)
5) Buyer accepts shopping cart, goes to pay, pay accepted but cancels (reported)

As I understand it, anyway.

Associate
OP
3-5% seems about right

had a few transactions over the weekend that failed due to address/cv2 checks etc and another this morning

just worried i might of borked the code last week when i added a heavy item shipping charge :eek: time to debug yet again :rolleyes:

Soldato
Do you have the shipping clearly stated somewhere on the item description?

Because that could well account for #2 or #3 (depending where you display the postage), because they may find the postage too high, or if it's like me at work, I have to fill in a requsition and then one of the secretaries orders it, normaly over the phone wherever possible, so to fill it in I need to find the postage, and often the only way is to go through the process and get to the checkout.

Just a thought that might account for some of the people not completing the transaction. (I know it's less likely if you're selling to individuals though)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yep i know what you mean, ive just revamped the whole shipping part of the site so its a lot clearer

turns out it was down to some problem with switch/maestro going through protx

Back
Top Bottom