** AOC Q2770PQU Owners Thread **

Caporegime
Ok

Just made a trip to overclockers today and picked up an AOC Q2770PQU, just got it set up with the other item I picked up which was the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X, and looks amazing, BUT I think I have a dead pixel about center of the screen, is there any software that can run that might test things proper and maybe save things?

Also if it is a dead pixel whats the script on that? do I get to replace the monitor or stuck with it?

It would seem that technically a single dead pixel doesn't make the monitor faulty.

TV & Monitor Pixel Policy

Please be aware that all of our Suppliers and thus Overclockers UK conform to the ISO 13406-2 standard - the acceptable number of dead pixels based on screen size and resolution. Information on this can be found through any major search engine typing "ISO 13406-2" and the monitor brand name. Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return.

ISO 13406-2

That appears to be a withdrawn standard and AOC themselves say ISO 9241-307 Class 1 which allows any or all of the following:

• 1 full bright (“stuck on white”) pixel
  • 1 full dark (“stuck off”) pixel
  • 2 single or double bright or dark sub-pixels
  • 3 to 5 “stuck on” or “stuck off” sub-pixels (depending on the number of each)
Hopefully OcUK won't get all technical.

I always have any monitor purchases delivered so that I can rely on the Distance Selling Regulations if need be.

Soldato
Does anybody have an idea on the below or getting a similar problem?

When trying to install the driver monitor from the supplied CD i seem to constantly get the same error

"This device is not working properly

A service installation section in this inf is invalid"

Have tried uninstalling, rebooting and installing numerous times, letting the driver find itself, and also pointing it to the CD drive to no avail.

I'm currently running on the Windows XP standard plug and play monitor driver.

Is this an issue worth sorting out? Do manufacturers drivers bring anything to the table? Or is it just the same as using the windows driver? Hate knowing i could be missing out on some extra quality or benefits lol...

Mine is using the stock Win 8 Generic PNP driver. I would not worry if everything is displaying ok.

Associate
No it will be fine just don't expect to play on full settings with high frame rates. Ideally you want a card with at least 3GB VRAM for gaming
Would a 270X with 4GB be ok or does it need a 280+?

... thinking about getting one of these - would have to factor in a gfx upgrade (curently a 1GB 6850) but think moving past 270X would then trigger a PSU upgrade as well!

Soldato
Would a 270X with 4GB be ok or does it need a 280+?

... thinking about getting one of these - would have to factor in a gfx upgrade (curently a 1GB 6850) but think moving past 270X would then trigger a PSU upgrade as well!

Which PSU do you have? 270x would manage but as you said I would be looking at 280 at least

Associate
Just got mine today and been playing about with it but I've just realised the top left corner approximately 3 inches long and 2 inches tall is brighter than the rest of the screen. Any ideas on what I can do about this?

Soldato
Just got mine today and been playing about with it but I've just realised the top left corner approximately 3 inches long and 2 inches tall is brighter than the rest of the screen. Any ideas on what I can do about this?

Can you take a pic although it does sound faulty.

Try using an all black screen and see how it looks. These do suffer from glow which can look bad from certain angles.

Soldato

Brighter as a definite rectangle? Sounds like you accidentally turned on 'Bright Frame' which is found in the 'Picture Boost' part of the OSD.

Associate
That is exactly what it was. Was going nuts closing any running applications trying to figure out what was causing it.

Cheers

Associate
OcUK have more in stock and it's only on offer till the offers change in the morning. I really want to order one and need pushing over the edge. Please convince me.

Umm I don't know how I haven't gone blind looking at 1080p for this long. Don't risk your eye sight buy an AOC Q2770PQU.

Soldato
Has anyone overclocked that monitor?

My reason is that I want to buy one, however I have a 120hz 1080p (3d vision) monitor at the moment, and the others on the other discussion are talking about horror stories going from 120 to 60.

Is shame I do not have any access to a 60hz monitor to compare it with, while playing games. (at work I cannot play games)

And I have my monitor more than 3 years now to remember how it was before :/

Any feedback welcome.

Associate
Seriously tempted. I wish I had space for two monitors on my desk.
Will I be mad if I swap AOC with 120Hz Benq every time I want to play in 3d:confused:

Back
Top Bottom