Associate
Well my latency issues continue despite BT working on it today and it improving for a couple of hours before going back as before.

With the Easter weekend not sure when it will get looked at again despite me reporting so it looks like we will be failing over to VM for all rather than some connections this weekend.

Associate
Well my latency issues continue despite BT working on it today and it improving for a couple of hours before going back as before.

With the Easter weekend not sure when it will get looked at again despite me reporting so it looks like we will be failing over to VM for all rather than some connections this weekend.
Well I didnt even need to raise a ticket, them seemingly found my account (likely username shared?) from this thread, not sure if someone put it in their ticket or if they just know about this thread. They raised a ticket on my behalf, found the issue (VLAN utilization on Openreach's end, raised a ticket with them and then kept me up to date and we are all back to normal again now. I know I can get gb cheaper than the £55 they charge out of contract but its stuff like this that keeps me around.

Associate
Well I didnt even need to raise a ticket, them seemingly found my account (likely username shared?) from this thread, not sure if someone put it in their ticket or if they just know about this thread. They raised a ticket on my behalf, found the issue (VLAN utilization on Openreach's end, raised a ticket with them and then kept me up to date and we are all back to normal again now. I know I can get gb cheaper than the £55 they charge out of contract but its stuff like this that keeps me around.
they are aware of this thread, glad it got sorted for you aswell.

Associate
Anyone else suffering from drop outs, very high latency and low speed since midnight? It's reported and apparently another BT Wholesale issue, but these issues keep on coming so for me another day using Virgin Media for all devices in under a week.

I never realised BT Wholesale/Openreach had so many glitches with their service as I was with VM or many years until I added OR FTTP last year. At least Aquiss are on the ball and given the number of issues I am glad they're my OR FTTP ISP but it does make me wonder how the altnets fair.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Has anyone heard anything whether or not they'll be doing 1.2/1.8Gbps packages? and respective timeframes?

Soldato
OP
Hell in a handcart for me, today:

Screenshot-2024-04-04-at-21-05-01.png

Ticket submitted, of course. Hopefully it's sorted soon, I'm struggling to even load web pages.

Man of Honour
Ticket submitted, of course. Hopefully it's sorted soon, I'm struggling to even load web pages.
VM activation is only a few clicks away. :cry:

Seriously though, I never had any of these issues in the ~18 months I was with Aquiss. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, and the saving grace is the support level.

Associate
Hell in a handcart for me, today:

Screenshot-2024-04-04-at-21-05-01.png

Yours looks pretty tame compared to mine...

I've raised it with Aquiss and they've replied saying they're aware of high latency and slow speeds. I've tried playing Call of Duty but my latency was up around 150ms and unplayable, and download speeds around 200mbps.

Soldato
Is something going on? That's pretty identical to mine.
I lost Internet connectivity earlier and checked the Aquiss status page on my phone. They suggested restarting routers after powering it down for 5 minutes. I wasn't sure if they meant the router or the ONT. I left it as I had a cat sitting on my lap. Before madame walked off the Internet came back on. I did then notice later on, when downloading nVidia graphics drivers, that the download took more than the not even 2-3 minutes than it usually does. I was getting download speeds of approximately 600-700Kb. Fast.com started off at 1/2Mb then sped up to around 160-70. I've just tried it again now and I'm getting 520Mb now.

Caporegime
The router reboot is basically saying to drop the PPPoE session, wait a couple of minutes, and then establish the PPPoE again. Instructing someone to reboot the router just does this in a single step.

Back
Top Bottom