Arcade High Scores! New Game Every Two Weeks

Soldato
I'm away for a week but tried playing using mame on my phone Using the screen as input and it is near impossible. I was able to get to the end of the death star run from level 1 but couldn't clear the endor segment from level 3.

By the way in case you guys didn't know the game rewards the starting bonus after the endor speeder segment, so to get your hands on that sweet 300,000 or 600,000 bonus points you just have to clear this section. Easier said than done on level 3. I haven't tried level 5 yet. I never selected anything but level 1 back in the day.

Soldato
I'm away for a week but tried playing using mame on my phone Using the screen as input and it is near impossible. I was able to get to the end of the death star run from level 1 but couldn't clear the endor segment from level 3.

By the way in case you guys didn't know the game rewards the starting bonus after the endor speeder segment, so to get your hands on that sweet 300,000 or 600,000 bonus points you just have to clear this section. Easier said than done on level 3. I haven't tried level 5 yet. I never selected anything but level 1 back in the day.
Ive tried the 300k but not managed to even finish that, i need to make my sensitivity on my xbox stick a bit less.

Soldato
Did I add a replacement game for return of the Jedi ?

If not I’ll add in truxton 2 I haven’t played it but it’s supposed be a great shooter thats also on mister so it will be a good excuse to give it a try.

Soldato
I'd like to select Williams Joust (Green label) as my missing game selection.

Mostly played this on Atari 8 bit but did play the arcade game a few times and a bit on emulation.

Last edited:
Soldato
New high score 672,530 started at level 5. Cleared the seemingly endless endor speeder bike level and almost made it to the death star.

Level 3 high 343,660. I can clear the speeder bike with all lives intact but the ATST is a bugger for control in and around the logs.

I did a better job on the level 5 run as you'll notice the score above the bonus is actually quite a bit higher.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Congrats Tealc once again.

UbFpIDMm.png

Now my MAME is fixed, I should be able to be more active now. Going to see if I can have my first attempt later today.

Quick ping for everyone who previously took part to see who fancies coming back.
@Armageus @cheesyboy @JoeBoi @lakitu @Littlenose @Zatoichi.uK @Zowghi

If there is a way to promote this thread for more activity, would be nice to see!

Soldato
I loved Moon Cresta in the arcade. I used to play it in Swansea Leisure Centre when we went swimming there. So many places had little arcades in those days.

I had the Grandstand Astro Wars game which was sort of similar and had the same tune.

Strangely the C64 version might have passed me by, or so poor I forgot about it.

A quick lunch time MAME on phone session provided a max score 10,000, clocked just once.

Last edited:
Soldato
Proper try with arcade stick 22,330 completed twice. Lost my 1 ship midway through the second rotation. Those round things get super fast on the third round and they got both my 2 and 3 ships.

I'm sure I remember at some point you get a free go, or someway to recover your ship, maybe it was a dip option or something.

Apparently there are several versions of the arcade rom, us, UK, gremlin and nichibitsu, with the latter ramping the difficulty heavily after round 2.

Last edited:
Soldato
New high score 71,900.

Think I went around 5, maybe 6 times. I didn't lose a life until the 1st missile level on the 5th rotation. Fell apart very quickly after that.

joR2f6i.png

And confirmed extra is at 30,000

Last edited:
Soldato
As an aside. I found a few Spanish bootleg versions of Moon Cresta. Not only does it have much faster shooting (like really fast) but the enemies also drop occasional bullets at you. It is quite manic but makes the game too quick in my opinion. Levels are cleared in a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom