Are you a top revenue earner?

Soldato
Inspired by the ‘NI cut’ thread. Are you a top revenue earner? I’ll ask for an anonymous poll but if you feel comfortable saying your annual income please do.

Edit - talking about individual income but if you want to post household too that’s great.

Options:
<£20k pa
£21k to £30k
£31k to £45k
£46k to £59k
£60k to £74k
£75k to £99k
£100k to £200k
£201k+

Last edited:
Soldato
These numbers aren’t so helpful as absolutes. A salary of 60k in some cheap place up North is probably better (or similar???) to 100k in Cambridge or London.

Really asking people their percentile based on location and age is more relevant I’d say. There are websites for this.

Soldato
These numbers aren’t so helpful as absolutes. A salary of 60k in some cheap place up North is probably better (or similar???) to 100k in Cambridge or London.

Really asking people their percentile based on location and age is more relevant I’d say. There are websites for this.

Here: https://www.projectfinanciallyfree.com/uk-income-percentile-calculator/

You can put age, region and wage and it gives you a relative percentile. We could then put a poll for the ranges, 10 wide, e.g. 0-10, 11-20, and then add some specific ones in the 90s. 91-95, 96, 97, 98, 99.

Caporegime

Depends what you're wanting to look at.
Someone in 150 in London vs 40 in t'north is probably going to be fairly similar.

However come retirement, if London person has paid off thier mortgage they are going to have a considerably better retirement if they move.

The person in the north doesn't have that.

Soldato
Depends what you're wanting to look at.
Someone in 150 in London vs 40 in t'north is probably going to be fairly similar.

However come retirement, if London person has paid off thier mortgage they are going to have a considerably better retirement if they move.

The person in the north doesn't have that.
All true, I still think percentiles based on region and age are more relevant to the question of: how much do ocukers earn? But I guess it’s up to the OP what they want to know.

Man of Honour
<£20k pa
£21k to £30k
£31k to £45k
46k to £99k

jaFewuM.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
OP
Household or individual? Asking on behalf of my wifes BF
Individual but if you want to post a message including household that’s fine.
Here: https://www.projectfinanciallyfree.com/uk-income-percentile-calculator/

You can put age, region and wage and it gives you a relative percentile. We could then put a poll for the ranges, 10 wide, e.g. 0-10, 11-20, and then add some specific ones in the 90s. 91-95, 96, 97, 98, 99.
Where’s the filter for OcUK forum members?

Caporegime
All true, I still think percentiles based on region and age are more relevant to the question of: how much do ocukers earn? But I guess it’s up to the OP what they want to know.

I tried that site.

It didn't give me a percentile for Wales.. If I did it right

Caporegime

Its one of those where both are useful.
Over here my wage is much better for the "now" than in London or the south east for example.

But I wouldn't have a lavish retirement.
(because I spend too much now)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom