Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Associate
I am semi taking a break

was on a pve server and kinda ran out of things to do. once u have tamed most stuff, I got bored very fast, not really a builder ^^

Caporegime
****ing joke this:

Looks epic but how about fixing the game first (especially the horrendous performance issues) and maybe getting it to final release stage before deciding to start selling DLC... :rolleyes:

Caporegime
It's an epic game, I've played it off and on as you well know Nexus, but I know refuse to plough anymore hours into it until they start sorting the performance and optimisation.

Yup that is the sole reason why I haven't bought it again, I just can't enjoy the game when graphics look absolute **** with massive texture pop in and awful fps/stuttering.

Until that is fixed, it is a no buy from me, which is now looking like it will never be fixed if they are concentrating on paid dlc content now... And this is still an early access alpha lol....

Shame as it is fantastic and that paid for dlc does look amazing.

Associate
I overclocked my GPU a bit for the first time ever simply because my rig finds the game to be so demanding! managed a 1300 mhz core boost on stock voltage, strangely i'm finding that increasing the voltage won't allow me to increase the core clock any further.

Beautiful game, 900+ hours played so far.

Associate
Anyone thats bought the DLC got an opinion on its content?

Im absolutely against the concept of what this is and the precedent it sets... but looking to get back into ark, stopped playing it last October, with 1200hrs and you wouldnt want to work out the hrs/day that worked out at :D
Started playing it with a couple of guys who ran the previous server, handful of mods, tried a pair of community made maps, and their server multipliers are silly high (lv75 in 2hrs, lv600 dinos, took down a lv575 rex and tamed him in 3hrs, having been on there about 5hrs - server is chocker full of nasty b's and you're dead in seconds if you're not on a dino) and we're considering either going back to the original island, with sensible mods (QoL stuff, like higher stacks and more forgiving multipliers) or giving this new DLC a shot. At £16 and 1k+ hours, i dont expect to get the same value for money with this dlc, but i dont think at £30 even if i only get 10hrs with it, the whole thing has been good value... even if i dont agree with it.

Anyway, i enjoy the building, gathering & taming (at sensible rates, and must have put 800hrs in before they added any multipliers) but the new setting (not a fan of it being a desert either) and different challenges seems like it'd feel similar but not the same. Taking on the worms, snatching wyvern eggs (we've admin'd them in vanilla, damn fun, but theres no connection to them, they're spawned and insta-tamed), and things like the rock gollum & mantis etc.

Is anyone with the DLC happy with its content, all other controversy aside?

fwiw, i think the reality behind this releases timing is more to do with the recent out of court settlement, $40m needs to come from somewhere. Its easy to hate on them, and IMO i think it'd sound more understanding if this is the real reason for the DLC, because the alternative could have been bankruptcy and an unfinished title, and thats no better for them, us, or the industry as a whole. In this case, an unpopular choice might not be the worst choice.

Back
Top Bottom