Assassin shot in cartoonist's home

Soldato
Maybe he let his anger get the better of him. After all, it was a cartoon, of the paedo, sorry, prophet, Mohammed.

Who dares to print this to a t-shirt cartoon with the slogan "I Love the paedo, sorry, Prophet Mohammed!" and wander about shouting about the evil dogs of the west? ;)

Really, hysteric religious people need to have a word with themselves sometimes. Then take some cyanide.

Man of Honour
The idea of a soul is not the sole preserve of religion! :confused:

Also not every anti-abortionist thinks of it in those terms. Why the hell is this turning into an abortion debate? Completely off topic and irrelevant.

First of all - yes it is. The whole point about a soul is that it is given by God(s). You'll struggle to find many atheists who believe in them.

Second, it's not a debate about abortion, it's a debate about your determination to see Muslim as some sort of special case when it comes to religious extremism. The point being made here is that the people who attack abortion doctors are also religious extremists, except in this case they are Christian fanatics, which you seem to feel that they are not. They carry out their killings because of their religious convictions - what else could they be?

M

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
First of all - yes it is. The whole point about a soul is that it is given by God(s). You'll struggle to find many atheists who believe in them.

Second, it's not a debate about abortion, it's a debate about your determination to see Muslim as some sort of special case when it comes to religious extremism. The point being made here is that the people who attack abortion doctors are also religious extremists, except in this case they are Christian fanatics, which you seem to feel that they are not. They carry out their killings because of their religious convictions - what else could they be?

M

Ive known of Athiests that believe in ghosts:p

Work that one out!:p

Permabanned
If one atheist exists who does, then you are wrong. I happen to believe in the soul but am an atheist so there you go, and I know others.

M

TLDR

Man of Honour
If one atheist exists who does, then you are wrong. I happen to believe in the soul but am an atheist so there you go, and I know others.

You'll find that my comment was: "struggle to find many" - you even quoted it. So finding one proves nothing. And if you believe in souls then I'd suggest that in your heart of hearts, you are not a true atheist. Because what do you think happens to this soul when you die? Where does it come from? You've picked one of the main points of religion - the comforting bit - and tried to ditch the rest.

Zip

There are atheists who believe in ghosts: they're called idiots. It's Christians who aren't supposed to believe in them.

M

Associate
There is a difference between killing people because you think they are killing hundreds of people a year (A belief not only held by extremist Christians) and killing people because they drew a cartoon to imply that your religion is violent.

Associate
There is a difference between killing people because you think they are killing hundreds of people a year (A belief not only held by extremist Christians) and killing people because they drew a cartoon to imply that your religion is violent.

One is slightly more insane than the other?

Back
Top Bottom