Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
The laps are so short in an F1 car that it makes it easy to rack them up pretty quickly. That thing's really addictive too :D

I'll have a go with RS later, but like I said the other night, it really isn't my cuppa tbh. I generally don't have much patience with cars that need stroking and wrestling to get around their vague handling and terrible brakes :D

Don't worry about the assists not showing, as the server's on factory settings and the car has no assist options anyway AFAIK.
Do you have the ptracker app switched on?

Soldato
Server looks offline but I managed a 1:02.634 practicing locally.

Trying to force myself to left foot brake, feels a lot better but my pedals aren't in a great position and holding my left foot over the brake begins to hurt after a while, can't get them any further away at the moment!

I can see where the extra 2 seconds are but can I get them... can I bugger, just can't get it as smooth as you Petey, great lap.

Associate
I'm really enjoying the battle with Fireblade2K4 in the Williams :)
We've both got a 1:00.3 or lower in there, but getting it all done perfectly in a single lap is tricky as hell.

PinkFloyd, I don't know how you managed that time in the RS1600. I can't drive that thing at all.

I'm enjoying it too :D and like you have said it is so difficult to put it all together in a single clean lap.

I'll be up in sector 1 against my best time but then drop a wheel onto the grass in sector 2 and its all over even with the slightest of mistakes now as there is SO little time to gain.

Soldato
OP
New challenge in the OP and congratulations to last week's winners :)

Williams FW31 - Stuart Gillard - 01:00.134
Ginetta G55 - ReeceVXR - 01:31.243
Ford RS1600 - PinkFloyd - 01:43.529
Abart 500 EsseEsse S1 - ReeceVXR - 01:50.200

Soldato
That week went past quick! Yay I won something :D Hadn't even got round to trying the Ginetta or 500 properly after getting sidetracked with Nord track day servers!

This week's lineup looks good though. Request for a future week whilst I think of it, would be great to have a challenge week with the F40 and Yellowbird. Both pretty similar in pace but quite different, could mean some nice mixed laps, plus great fun racing together on track :)

Soldato
I can't stand either of them, but yeah sure.
:mad: How could you!!!

Done some laps in all the cars. Was running pretty close to iBert in the 911s (which feel so overweight and sluggish around here) then he suddenly pulled 2.5 seconds out of nowhere :confused:
P1s are great round here, definitely more time to be found for me but wanted to try out the others.
BMW is nicer than expected, feels weird how it pulls tighter with throttle - not used to that behaviour. As for the F1 car - zoom, that thing really shifts and sounds awesome at full tilt!

Soldato
OP
They're just not my thing, but I try to get a decent mix of cars on the TT servers to accommodate different tastes :)
I'm a race car on slicks kinda guy.

That Ferrari is bloody lovely, eh? :D

Soldato
They're just not my thing, but I try to get a decent mix of cars on the TT servers to accommodate different tastes :)
I'm a race car on slicks kinda guy.

That Ferrari is bloody lovely, eh? :D

Isn't it just?!

I could do so many laps in it, thanks for introducing me to my new favourite car :D

Soldato
That Ferrari was hard work, after getting used to it I went in the P1. Understeer city, lol

Faster than Spoon through S2 currently, but off on all others, 1.2sec down overall.

I take it the pttracker doesn't count failed laps in your lap count as I did WAY more than 7 to get that time.

Soldato
Man, I am WAY off the pace so far! New car and track to me so a steep learning curve. You have to be very ballsy in the F1 car to take corners at speed :p

Yes, I was about 1:49 on the first lap! managed to get 11secs off now. Its so hard, I keep doing really well, then just messing up on a corner and its all over.
Then I get nervous near then end and hold back on that right hander out the chicane, too scared the back end will spin up.

Back
Top Bottom